• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 06, 2000

Question on events...

One question on any of the events many here go to... What can I expect - as an owner of an un-lifted, un-modified, basically stock Grand Wagoneer - were I to attend say, the ECI? I know the cameraderie would more than offset any too-rough trails I'd be prohibited on but are there 'bunny slopes' for guys like me?

I'm very insterested in attending something this coming year and am a total noob to these events. Is there anything I'd have to do to SluggoII in order to attend? Tow hooks? Winches? Air fresheners?
    Frank
    '88 Grand Wagoneer (Almond), "Sluggo" (RIP)
    '88 Grand Wagoneer, (Baltic Blue) "Sluggo II" (RIP)
    '89 Grand Wagoneer, (Dover Grey) "Sluggo III", keeping my hobby alive!
  • jeeping1974
    360 AMC
    • Jun 17, 2007

Best thing to do is get involved in a local club. A lot of them offer what they call Class VI roads (dirt roads where four wheel drive is needed some of the times and can be done in mostly stock vehicles). Also, some of the events that you read about int he magazines offer trails like this but don't post pics because it doesn't look as cool as the more heavily modified rigs.
    03 GMC 2500HD - DD/toy hauler
    06 Street Glide - Cruiser

Comment

• Casey
      • Oct 08, 2003

Originally posted by Frank
      One question on any of the events many here go to... What can I expect - as an owner of an un-lifted, un-modified, basically stock Grand Wagoneer - were I to attend say, the ECI? I know the cameraderie would more than offset any too-rough trails I'd be prohibited on but are there 'bunny slopes' for guys like me?

I'm very insterested in attending something this coming year and am a total noob to these events. Is there anything I'd have to do to SluggoII in order to attend? Tow hooks? Winches? Air fresheners?
      ECI is at Uwharrie National Forest and is a perfect place to get your tires dirty for the first time! Lots of stock GWs on 235s run every trail out there, taking by-passes around the tough parts.

You will dent it though.

There is a trail that you could maybe..on the right line...if it's dry..not dent it.

ECI is free with the exception of the $5 a day trail pass paid to the NF to help fund the area.
      1994 YJ
      1986 Comanche
      '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
      www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
      "Go forth and be a tool".
      Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
      This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

Working...
      X