• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club Fall Fling

Since we had such a great time at last year's Fall Fling we thought we'd do it again.
    This year we have a couple of options to choose from.

Option A) Friday/Saturday/Sunday Nov 2nd, 3rd & 4th Rausch Creek Offroad Park
    http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
    Like last year we can do a weekend of camping and wheeling at Rausch Creek Park. I have been in contact with with Lynn there and they would be happy to have us back. As always camping there is free and there is a daily charge by Rausch Creek of $30 for wheeling.

Option B) Friday/Saturday/Sunday Oct 26th, 27th & 28th Wharton State Forest
    Many of us have done Wharton State Forest for either weekend or day trips. I'm sure that most of you don't know that one of our long-time sponsors; Jersey Jeep & Customs, also sponsors a yearly "Pine Barrens Cleanup". This year it will be held on Sunday Oct 28th. With this in mind we could do our Fall Fling and also participate in the Cleanup as a club event. For those of you that would just like to make a day trip I would recommend showing up for The cleanup. Naturally we can do the whole weekend of camping and wheeling along with the cleanup for those that want to.

As always the MAFSJC charges no fees for any of its events. Everyone is welcome.

Please let me know which of these options you prefer. Everyone gets a vote and the majority rules.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Headhoncho
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Oct 11, 2006

Pine Barrens only because I'll be at Fords at Englishtown swap meet first weekend in November. Plus it's only 30 minutes from my house.

JR
    [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
    1966 mustang fastback
    '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
      360 AMC
      • Aug 21, 2004

Votes so far

OK, here's the vote count so far:

Rausch Creek Wharton State Park
      FSJ Earl 1
      Battle Wagon 1
      Rick Holt 1
      JeepinPete 1
      Paul Bleiweiss changed vote to the weekend we are doing Rausch Creek
      HeadHoncho 1
      91G-Dub 1 (either one works for me) Wharton is just closer to home
      Mike Herrschaft 1
      5 4

JeepFan93 changed vote to Wharton

Any more votes? Please let me know no later than Oct 4th

note: edited 10/9
      Last edited by 91G-Dub; 10-13-2007, 01:46 PM.
      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
        360 AMC
        • Aug 21, 2004

2007 Fall Fling will be at Rausch Creek

Well as they say on "Survivor" the tribe has spoken.
        The votes are in and the location and dates for our 2nd Annual Fall Fling will be Nov 2nd, 3rd & 4th at Rausch Creek Offroad Park http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
        I'll let them know we're coming. I plan on going up Sat morning and camping over Sat night wheeling both days. If anyone wants to go up on Fri night please let me know so I can make arrangements with the folks at Rausch Creek for your campsite. Anyone that is going to go up on Sat and camp Sat night please let me know so I can make sure to reserve enough camping spots for all of us.
        As always camping at Rausch Creek is free, there is a daily charge for wheeling and also for passengers. Please see their website for details. The MAFSJC charges no fees for attending any of it's events.
        We did this trip last fall and it was really great being in the woods in the fall, trees of all colors and great daytime/nighttime temps. Bring warm clothes and sleeping gear.
        Hope to see lots of FSJs in the woods, come for the weekend or just a day.
        91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• JeepinPete
          304 AMC
          • Dec 09, 2003

I will be there, but I am not certain which days. My wife might come out this time. If she does, we will be up Friday night, and bug out after Saturdays drive. I will probably come back up Sun morning. If she doesn't make it, I will be up Friday night and leaving after Sundays run.
          Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
          Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
          Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

I contacted Rausch Creek to let them know we're coming. Anybody that plans on camping Frid night needs to let me know so I can make arrangements with Lynn at Rausch Creek.
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
              304 AMC
              • May 02, 2003

Would it be ok to share this info with my local club, since we are only 45 minutes away? Or d we want to keep it FSJs only? Let me know. Some folks in the club will be there anyway getting ready for the Rausch Creek Rock Crawl Competition on Nov. 10th.
              FSJ-Earl
              2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
              2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
              1989 GW - the one that started it all
              1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                360 AMC
                • Aug 21, 2004

Who's coming along and when?

JeepinPete :Fri
                Paul Blieweiss : Fri for the weekend
                Mike Herschafft : Sat for the day
                91G-Dub :Sat & Sun
                Rick Holt : Fri or Sat for the weekend
                FSJEarl : Maybe yes, maybe no
                Jeepfan93 : Sat
                Arter : Fri or Sat
                Last edited by 91G-Dub; 10-23-2007, 07:24 AM.
                91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• jeepfan93
                  304 AMC
                  • Feb 07, 2006

I'll be there Saturday
                  Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
                  >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
                  87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
                  1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                    304 AMC
                    • May 02, 2003

Possibly Friday night, definetly Sat and Sun. Might have the family or at least part of the family with me!
                    FSJ-Earl
                    2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                    2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                    1989 GW - the one that started it all
                    1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• arter
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 07, 2001

Last weekend in Oct was out, but Nov is much more do-able. Gotta get up there and try Yellowjacket ridge and the hillclimb. I would think any friends of Earl's are good people and should be welcome. Besides, sounds like they might be entertaining on the trail. Plan 'A' for me is to come up Fri night, wheel Sat, and come home Sun a.m. Of course, that was the plan last time but Sun became a wheeling day. Depends on the weather...
                      M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

• arter
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 07, 2001

Hey Pete, still have that QT juice? May be needing it by the time I get up there.

Comment

• JeepinPete
                          304 AMC
                          • Dec 09, 2003

Art, I'll pack it and bring it up.

Since there will be others coming up Friday night, I will be there Friday night too. Any chance we could camp away from the main road this time? The sites down in the bowl looked kind of nice...
                          Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                          Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                          Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by JeepinPete
                            Art, I'll pack it and bring it up.

Since there will be others coming up Friday night, I will be there Friday night too. Any chance we could camp away from the main road this time? The sites down in the bowl looked kind of nice...
                            Pete, camping site selection is first come first serve so pick whichever site is empty.
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• arter
                              327 Rambler
                              • Jan 07, 2001

Thanks Pete!

Comment

Working...
                              X