Clear All
  • phatmax95
    327 Rambler
    • May 28, 2004

2010 Full Size Jeep East Coast Invasion at Uwharrie June 10, 11, 12, 13

8th Annual Full Size Jeep East Coast Invasion
    Uwharrie National Forest, Troy, NC
    Hosted by The Carolina Full Size Jeep Club

We have rented the Group Camp at URE again for this years ECI. As usual, camping is FREE!

We will be there Thursday through Sunday, June 10-13. This is not necessarily limited to FSJ's.. anyone is welcome.. but we do look to get everyone with a Full Size Jeep out to this event.. even if you don't wheel it!

There will more info posted later as more details arise..

Here are a few pics from last years get-together..

For more pictures go here!: http://www.cfsjc.com/CFSJC/Photos_an.../ECI_2009.html

For more information go here!: http://www.cfsjc.com/CFSJC/Blog/Blog.html

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by phatmax95; 04-02-2010, 05:58 PM.
    Tyler
    1980 Wagoneer, 360, 727, 208, D44 HP & D60, 37x12.50x17's, SOA, TFI, OBA
    http://www.flickr.com/phatmax95
    http://www.photobucket.com/phatmax95
    http://www.youtube.com/phatmax95
    Carolina Full Size Jeep Club - CFSJC.com
    East Coast Invasion 2011 - June 9, 10, 11, 12 !!
  • Green Giant
    360 AMC
    • Jul 31, 2001

The CFSJC had a work day/pre-season run through on Dickey Bell Trail last week end, and found out that the large storms we have had this past winter and some contract work the FS had done have changed the character of some sections of the trails fairly dramatically . After seeing the hill climb on Dickey Bell, and reading some reports from other clubs that have adopted trails, I can't wait to see the rest of the trail system. WoW!
    Todd Moon
    78 Cherokee Chief
    78 Chief
    66 J-3600
    69 J-3500
    67 CJ-5
    67 J-100 w/BARN DOORS

48 CJ2-A
    Proud member of Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
    cfsjc.com
    No part of this post, written or pictured, may be re-used by any individual or organization or publication without my express written permission.
    (Thanks, Flint!)

Comment

• Headhoncho
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Green Giant
      The CFSJC had a work day/pre-season run through on Dickey Bell Trail last week end, and found out that the large storms we have had this past winter and some contract work the FS had done have changed the character of some sections of the trails fairly dramatically . After seeing the hill climb on Dickey Bell, and reading some reports from other clubs that have adopted trails, I can't wait to see the rest of the trail system. WoW!
      I can't decide on tires for this year. Do I go with the 38" swamper SX's or the 37" BFG Krawlers? Looks like I may be trailering the Honcho down this year.

P.S. Did anybody find my camera yet?

JR
      [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
      1966 mustang fastback
      '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• thing2
        232 I6
        • Mar 30, 2010

Cant wait. just got me a cherokee chief ill be bringin an my bro has a waggy an will also be attending. this will be both are first times, an maybe my first time wheeling the truck. pretty excited
        82 cherokee 360 727 d44 f&r 4.10s spooled an locked, 4"lift 2"body 37s, tbi
        1964 impala wagon 327,powerglide dd
        2000 xj r.i.p
        1999 wj r.i.p

Comment

• jpsterluvr
          232 I6
          • Jan 28, 2005

The plan currently to arrive after work on Friday.
          1989 TFI, K&N, BJ's 6" lift kit with pro comp shocks and drop pitman arm, Quick disconnect sway bar links, Turbo muffler and high flow cat with new exhaust from the y-pipe back, Rebuilt tranny

Comment

• Jeepguyp
            304 AMC
            • May 07, 2005

Arrival

Probably Fri. morning\early afternoon for me. Either in yellow J with pooch and bike..... or towing a CJ with the dodge.
            AMC V-8 FOREVER
            1976 Cherokee Chief 360\4-spd(soon to be auto\ Q-trac)
            1977 CJ5 "Lulu"
            360\5-SPEED GRANNY\DANA300\ DANA 44s
            DETROIT \POWERLOCK 4.10
            37" tires, and LOTS other stuff
            77 J-10 401\Q trac "Thadeus"
            64 Stude Avanti 289 R2---ALIVE!
            91 Dodge W350 5.9 Cummins
            64 Avanti#2(R1)...Under construction

Comment

• 78 Wagoneer
              232 I6
              • May 06, 2009

Originally posted by Jeepguyp
              Probably Fri. morning\early afternoon for me. Either in yellow J with pooch and bike..... or towing a CJ with the dodge.
              I say in the spirit of an FSJ invasion, you should drive the J....
              1988 Grand Wagoneer w/ a 1978 AMC 360 HEI 4bbl
              SOA'd D60 rear and HP D44 front on 37's
              Locked up front and rear
              Rhino Grill

Comment

• Jeepguyp
                304 AMC
                • May 07, 2005

J10

Its kinda leaning that way..... since I have to borrow a trailer
                AMC V-8 FOREVER
                1976 Cherokee Chief 360\4-spd(soon to be auto\ Q-trac)
                1977 CJ5 "Lulu"
                360\5-SPEED GRANNY\DANA300\ DANA 44s
                DETROIT \POWERLOCK 4.10
                37" tires, and LOTS other stuff
                77 J-10 401\Q trac "Thadeus"
                64 Stude Avanti 289 R2---ALIVE!
                91 Dodge W350 5.9 Cummins
                64 Avanti#2(R1)...Under construction

Comment

• woodfar
                  232 I6
                  • Feb 18, 2008

I am planning now for the weekend, breaking out camping gear to get everything waterproofed. this is my first time. do I need a rookie stripe? ha! ha! Is there only one group camp? will someone at the outpost be able to tell me how to get to the camp? I only live 40 mins. from there so thought I'd go check things out this weekend. don't want to crowd anyone out by bringing an eight man tent and my stuff for the weekend. Do I need to get a trail pass to get into the camp. I want to see what this whole thing is about before I commit to runnin in them mud holes. So far my 76 J10 has only been a firewood hauler. anyway it sounds like a great getaway even if just watch ya'll tear stuff up lol.
                  Last edited by woodfar; 05-01-2010, 12:11 AM.
                  http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ar/ECI%202010/

May the sun be at your back and the wind in your face

Comment

• Casey
                    • Oct 08, 2003

Originally posted by woodfar
                    I am planning now for the weekend, breaking out camping gear to get everything waterproofed. this is my first time. do I need a rookie stripe? ha! ha! Is there only one group camp? will someone at the outpost be able to tell me how to get to the camp? I only live 40 mins. from there so thought I'd go check things out this weekend. don't want to crowd anyone out by bringing an eight man tent and my stuff for the weekend. Do I need to get a trail pass to get into the camp. I want to see what this whole thing is about before I commit to runnin in them mud holes. So far my 76 J10 has only been a firewood hauler. anyway it sounds like a great getaway even if just watch ya'll tear stuff up lol.
                    1. No trail pass required to camp. But, to drive your rig on any trails you'll have to have one displayed.
                    2. The Badin Lake Group Camp is clearly marked on the map. You can pick one up for free at the Outpost on 109.
                    3. Plenty of room for an 8 man tent, camper, RV...
                    4. Your J-10 will do fine.
                    See ya there!
                    1994 YJ
                    1986 Comanche
                    '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
                    www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                    "Go forth and be a tool".
                    Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
                    This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• phatmax95
                      327 Rambler
                      • May 28, 2004

Check the map here, too:

Tyler
                      1980 Wagoneer, 360, 727, 208, D44 HP & D60, 37x12.50x17's, SOA, TFI, OBA
                      http://www.flickr.com/phatmax95
                      http://www.photobucket.com/phatmax95
                      http://www.youtube.com/phatmax95
                      Carolina Full Size Jeep Club - CFSJC.com
                      East Coast Invasion 2011 - June 9, 10, 11, 12 !!

Comment

• Headhoncho
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Oct 11, 2006

Just bring your J-10 and don't worry about the rest. We can always use more J-trucks at ECI. It's getting too infested with those pesky little wagon things. Check the photo archives for pics of the campsites. PLENTY of room.

JR
                        [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                        1966 mustang fastback
                        '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 78 Wagoneer
                          232 I6
                          • May 06, 2009

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                          Just bring your J-10 and don't worry about the rest. We can always use more J-trucks at ECI. It's getting too infested with those pesky little wagon things. Check the photo archives for pics of the campsites. PLENTY of room.

JR
                          Why is it always "J-Truck vs. Wagoneer"... We're all FSJ lovers here, can't we all get along?

Honestly though, if I didn't need room for my little ones, I would have a truck. My brother has a '78 J20 with a 401, I'm jealous.
                          1988 Grand Wagoneer w/ a 1978 AMC 360 HEI 4bbl
                          SOA'd D60 rear and HP D44 front on 37's
                          Locked up front and rear
                          Rhino Grill

Comment

• Headhoncho
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
                            Why is it always "J-Truck vs. Wagoneer"... We're all FSJ lovers here, can't we all get along?

Honestly though, if I didn't need room for my little ones, I would have a truck. My brother has a '78 J20 with a 401, I'm jealous.
                            No hate here, I just get tired of being the only J-truck surrounded by Wagoneers. I have to watch what I say as I have to share a garage with one now.

JR (preparing the Honcho for ECI)

1966 mustang fastback
                            '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Rod2
                              327 Rambler
                              • Apr 11, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho

JR
                              Yeah, I feel your pain; I get tired of those puny little J-10's.
                              Rod Skaggs
                              '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

Working...
                              X