• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

4x4 AMX?

I work A little part time gig at Auto Zone and this came in last week. Guy said it's an international Scout frame, Ford 302 engine with what he said was an AMX, but I have no idea what year it is. Check it out.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

HAHA! I'd drive that!!! Love the rims!
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Ohh dear. A: That's not a real AMX but a later AMX badged Spirit/Concord(?) body. In any case just a typical fugly "hey ya'll put down them beers and pass me those milk crates, I'm building a monster Genuine "built in the holler" monsta wannabe Rambler/Ranchero/Pinto 4x4.
      Just cause you own a welder does not qualify you as an engineer.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• FSJunkie
        The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
        • Jan 09, 2011

Or you just buy an Eagle SX/4, put the Spirit AMX body trim on it, and then you have an all wheel drive AMX for way cheaper and easier.
        '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

Over the years I?ve seen a handful of trucks like that(car body swapped).
          Some were scary builds, some pretty sweet and built well.
          If it?s an AMX pretty sure they were only ?79 or ?80 models?

Far as the AWD cars AMC made pretty lacking setup IMO.
          Fronts obviously IFS and weak CV axles, and a 1spd no low range transfer case.

This likely has a real axle up front, and a real transfer case. I think it?s kind of cool.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• brielly
            350 Buick
            • Dec 30, 2002

I love the old spirit amx body style but prefer to see it as a sleeper/race car rather than a 4x4. Oh well, to each their own.
            For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

• joe
              • Apr 28, 2000

Originally posted by brielly
              I love the old spirit amx body style but prefer to see it as a sleeper/race car rather than a 4x4. Oh well, to each their own.
              I'm with you Brielly, if I had spirit tub laying around, building a 400hp street sleeper with the only clues being M&H street slicks and odd exhaust routing would be great fun. More so than planting the body "on top" of a 4x4 chassis. At $20 a gear a lot more lucrative too.
              joe
              "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• FSJunkie
                The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
                • Jan 09, 2011

I have a rust free 1982 Eagle SX/4 body sitting up on blocks next to my house.
                '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

Working...
                X