• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

krieg deck hidden fastener system question

seems like the way to go....but looking at the videos it appears the boards are only fastened on one side? or are they secured on both sides?

steve
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

I actually just ordered that kit, it should be here tomorrow. I found an open box (new with damaged packaging) on Amazon.

I have basically the same questions. I'll dig through the instructions and let you know if I find anything good after it gets here.

aa
    1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

i would really appreciate a answer, Please PM me with what you find
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

I know you asked for a PM, but I figured there might be others curious about the jig, so I'll throw my findings out here.

So far I like it. I think it'll work well, but you definitely want to have nice clean boards to work with. We tried it out with one of the junk boards we pulled up, and it came out reasonably well. There was a bit of a crown in the board we tested on, so the first hole (open side) chipped a bit and was a little higher than it otherwise would be. And yes, you do put screws in both sides of the board, and they anchor very well. With just the two test screws we put in tonight, that board is pretty on there, and that is with screws that are 5/8" too short for the boards we've got.

It's real easy to setup and use. The only place you won't be able to put hidden screws on both sides is up tight against something, like the first row against the house. You would have to face screw one side. These screws are nice and small, though, and with the pilot hole drilled they won't stand out nearly as much as a standard deck screw (last pic).

Let me know if you've got any other questions. It's probably going to be a bit before we get to redoing our deck, still waiting on pricing for some different material options.

aa
        1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• Tripwire
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Jul 30, 2000

nope that answers my question - thanks
          Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

Comment

Working...
          X