• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 21, 2018

Hello from KS

Hello I am fairly new to FSJ ownership and have benefited greatly from reading through the forum and just wanted to say hi. Our wagoneer is a 1986 that is built for light trail riding mostly at the river just south of town. I just got it ready about a month ago and it has been enjoyed every weekend since.

Thanks to the forum for all the great information found here. I will try to list what has been done to the Jeep in my sig if I can get it figured out.
    1986 GW 360, 727/228 for now. Lifted on 33x12.5?s yes they rub custom bumpers, grill and lights. TFI, Holley sniper with performer intake front is locked.
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Cool, And welcome!!!
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• FSJunkie
      The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
      • Jan 09, 2011

Hey there. I used to live in McPherson. Moving away was the biggest mistake I ever made and I hope to reverse it soon.
      '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• Jake
        230 Tornado
        • Jul 21, 2018

Originally posted by FSJunkie
        Hey there. I used to live in McPherson. Moving away was the biggest mistake I ever made and I hope to reverse it soon.
        McPherson is a great place hope you find a way back. I?m in Great Bend
        1986 GW 360, 727/228 for now. Lifted on 33x12.5?s yes they rub custom bumpers, grill and lights. TFI, Holley sniper with performer intake front is locked.

Comment

• FSJunkie
          The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
          • Jan 09, 2011

Originally posted by Jake
          McPherson is a great place hope you find a way back. I?m in Great Bend
          It is. I grew up in Arizona my whole life and had never been to Kansas, but McPherson College offered a B.S. in the restoration of classic cars that nobody else did, so I moved there sight unseen to become a student and get that degree. I dreaded the move because everybody in Arizona told me that Kansas is a miserable place. I HATED the weather and scenery there my first two years, but I fell in love with it my last two years. Kansas is a beautidul state filled with beautiful land, beautiful little towns, and kind folks who help and look out for each other. Hardworking people who take pride in what they do even though they know they will never be rich. Life there has not changed much in 50 years. There is a lot to admire.

Then I graduated and like a fool I moved back west and it's been all downhill from there. I've wanted to go back since the day I graduated. That was over a year ago.

I'm working on moving back. Just saving my money and biding my time for a job opening there or to have enough saved up for a down payment on my own restoration shop.

The Midwest is something you either understand and like, or something you don't understand and hate. Not much in between.
          '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

Working...
          X