• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by HOOT
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USKY1167

Think maybe we should try to get together this weekend again....
    I'm game.....
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Woodchomper
      Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Parents weekend at my son's college last weekend was something I just couldn't miss. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make the next get together. My Wag is running great now and I'm anxious to take her on a Jeep adventure.
      Let's do it again this weekend.. i'm ready.
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
      2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Mars
        350 Buick
        • Apr 24, 2010

I'm wading into my Jeep this week, maybe I can try and make it down again
        Wannabe Fabricator
        Grumpy on a good day.
        1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
        What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Strode
          1st Chair, Cowbell
          • Nov 08, 2011

Thanks for the pictures Tom.

Did WHS realize there was going to be a dirt road involved? I don't see the carpet that was supposed to be put out...

Beauty..
          That damage was worse than I imagined.

Good for you guys getting it done, looks like fun.

John, are you coming out to Denver this weekend?
          Brad
          (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Strode
            Thanks for the pictures Tom.

Did WHS realize there was going to be a dirt road involved? I don't see the carpet that was supposed to be put out...

That damage was worse than I imagined.

Good for you guys getting it done, looks like fun.

John, are you coming out to Denver this weekend?
            I couldn't find any red carpet in time.. If you look in those pics, right behind the door on the ground, you can see where his truck pee'd a little like a little girlie. I think it was scared being in that neighborhood with the bad boy Cherokees. I meant to tease him of that while he was there but got sidetracked.
            Tom Gibson
            1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
            1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Igrabbed you a load leveler and an impact driver today. If you have a Tractor Supply Company around you go see if they have any Porter Cable tools formdirt cheap. Igrabbed a 4.5 disc grinder with disc for 15.99 today L I may go back tomorrow and get another one. The reciporcating saw was only 29.99. Wish I would of grabbed one also.
              Tom Gibson

Comment

• Woodchomper
                350 Buick
                • Dec 17, 2002

Originally Posted by HOOT
                Let's do it again this weekend.. i'm ready.
                I talked to Del today and he is ready for a trip too. Strangely enough his Wagoneer appears to be running good too.
                1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Woodchomper
                  I talked to Del today and he is ready for a trip too. Strangely enough his Wagoneer appears to be running good too.
                  I am set to go this weekend. I haven't heard back from Retro but I do believe he is up for another weeknd this weekend.
                  Tom Gibson

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                    King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

I can not make this weekend or next.
                    The first Saturday I could come back and get dirty is Nov 8
                    Bryan Smith
                    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                    - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
                    1986 Jeep J20
                    - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
                    1982 Jeep J10
                    - Has become a Long Term Project.
                    1981 Jeep J20
                    - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
                    1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
                    - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
                    ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
                    Originally posted by Lindel
                    Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• Retro93
                      Junk Collector
                      • Nov 02, 2001

I am set to go this weekend. I haven't heard back from Retro but I do believe he is up for another weeknd this weekend.
                      Tom..... I'm going to be hard charging it this weekend. I need to get the front axle, engine, and front clip installed. I can finish up the small stuff one piece at t time.

To all of the members that came and helped me last weekend, there is no way I can express my thanks other than a huge THANKS! If you had'nt shown, I wouldn't have RDBLOK back on the road until next summer. I think I can make it happen now because of your efforts!
                      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'll drag my 3 ton jack and transmission jack along as well again.
                        No time to cook a pot of chicken so maybe I can bring my empty crock pot and just do it there, depending on how many think they might be there. If it is just a few then we can grill the food there. I can drag along a tank of propane if you think you need it. I always keep 2 or 3 tanks here at the house. . You need to make another pot of that stew. I have some pork chops and a couple of steaks to drag along also.

I plan on being there by noon or so Friday and staying all weekend again..

I will probably leave an hour or so before dark this time to make sure I get back home instead of further away. Once I get back to AA Highway I'll be fine. KY backroads are insane, reminds me of PA and WV. Nothing just heads to where you think it is suppose to.
                        Tom Gibson

Comment

• Retro93
                          Junk Collector
                          • Nov 02, 2001

I'll drag my 3 ton jack and transmission jack along as well again.
                          No time to cook a pot of chicken so maybe I can bring my empty crock pot and just do it there, depending on how many think they might be there. If it is just a few then we can grill the food there. I can drag along a tank of propane if you think you need it. I always keep 2 or 3 tanks here at the house. . You need to make another pot of that stew. I have some pork chops and a couple of steaks to drag along also.

I plan on being there by noon or so Friday and staying all weekend again..

I will probably leave an hour or so before dark this time to make sure I get back home instead of further away. Once I get back to AA Highway I'll be fine. KY backroads are insane, reminds me of PA and WV. Nothing just heads to where you think it is suppose to.
                          Would you rather have stew, or a pot of Rhonda's chili? I have plenty of propane, so there is no need to bring any.

I'm out ripping steering/firewall stuff right now in preparation for a coat of undercoating, and maybe some grey paint if I get around to it. We'll see what develops.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Stew or chili, I'm not picky.
                            Tom Gibson

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                              King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Retro93
                              and maybe some grey paint if I get around to it.
                              Kim, I know you like the flat black, rat rod look, but I kinda really liked that White color that new rig is wearing.
                              Bryan Smith
                              2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                              - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
                              1986 Jeep J20
                              - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
                              1982 Jeep J10
                              - Has become a Long Term Project.
                              1981 Jeep J20
                              - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
                              1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
                              - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
                              ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
                              Originally posted by Lindel
                              Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• OutrageGIS
                                258 I6
                                • Feb 26, 2011

Pics or it didn't happen

Hoot takin care of business:
                                79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

Working...
                                X