• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepshots
    232 I6
    • Mar 31, 2008

rear glass channel orientation

okay, okay - call me stupid. I took the tailgate glass and the channel out in an effort to fix it (glass came loose from the channel). I cleaned it all up and traipsed about town looking for glass setting tape (strip of rubbery cork stuff used to anchor the glass in the channel). Found some at a great price. Started putting the channel on the glass, and realized I didn't remember the orientation of the channel to the glass. As a refresher, the circle clips snap onto the regulator arm retaining pin. Those clips & pins hold the channel in place, sliding back and forth in the slot. Those slots are made from stamped metal - one side being smooth & rounded, the other is where all the edges are folded to. which side faces up when re-installing the glass? Another option is that the channel is ramp'ed on one side, while the other is flat. Which side of the glass does the ramp'ed side go on?

It's installed, but I think I've got it on the glass backwards...
  • addicted
    Big Meanie
    • Dec 11, 2004

The folded edges should be facing up (sharp side) when you look down at the gate.
    Originally posted by Ristow
    i bet it was Simon....
    he's such big meanie that way...
    please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• jeepshots
      232 I6
      • Mar 31, 2008

Originally posted by addicted
      The folded edges should be facing up (sharp side) when you look down at the gate.
      Okay. means I gotta take it apart, and reset the glass in it. thanks!

Comment

• skeletor
        350 Buick
        • Jan 31, 2006

or you could just get some i think 7/16" e clips and never worry about those silly clips.

edit nevermind your'e talking about the spring and the retainer thingy that the latches onto the post on the regulator arm
        1984 j10 LWB - for sale
        1977 Cherokee chief wide track(sold)
        2004 LJ - sold
        2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys

Comment

Working...
        X