• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFlyingBrick
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 21, 2014

My "flying brick" 76 jeep cherokee.

Here is my daily driver ( Now down for a week for a tranny build) She is a 1976 jeep Cherokee S. my uncle bought her new and drove her till she hit 100'000 miles. Then pulled the 360 out and went through it and built it. new crank, rods, pistons, bored it, reeds RV cam, roller rockers. That was in mid 88. it has sat since 89. My uncle passed on last year and i came to own the jeep. it now has 106'000 miles on it. I have fuel injected it, got the AC working, the Cruise also works. and now the rear window works. FSj's are truly an addiction and it started young for me at only 8 seeing this thing sitting out behind our shop. he would crank it once a month. Sitting there loping away with a glass pack. i was hooked and here 9 years later and the young age of 17 im driving this thing every day back and forth to school and work. I just had to share my experience. every thing that has been done to it has been done by my two hands. And soon hope to be buying a J truck to start on too[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    1976 Jeep Cherokee S NT- Junkyard TBI, TH400, QT, D44's front and rear 106'000 miles and counting original exept for fuel injection and usual wear parts ( brakes, tires etc.)
  • RWrightPhotog
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 07, 2011

Nice yellow Cherokee.
    Rob

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited 360
    1979 Jeep Cherokee 4-Door 258
    1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief 360

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Nice. I really like the narrow chero's.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• Archangel
        232 I6
        • Aug 15, 2014

Welcome! You're a lucky individual to find your automotive addiction at such a young age
        13 Mailbu LT- Camaro wheels, tint, HID's
        11 Traverse LT- Tint, HID's
        90 Grand Wagoneer- blank canvas

Comment

• TheFlyingBrick
          230 Tornado
          • Aug 21, 2014

Thanks for the responses! This old jeep has saved me many a time! Back in the winter i was the only family member that was able to leave and go to town in the snow. My uncle didn't laugh at my " big ugly station wagon " after i pulled his Z71 out of the ditch!
          1976 Jeep Cherokee S NT- Junkyard TBI, TH400, QT, D44's front and rear 106'000 miles and counting original exept for fuel injection and usual wear parts ( brakes, tires etc.)

Comment

• kyamcalvert
            232 I6
            • Aug 31, 2010

Originally posted by TheFlyingBrick
            Thanks for the responses! This old jeep has saved me many a time! Back in the winter i was the only family member that was able to leave and go to town in the snow. My uncle didn't laugh at my " big ugly station wagon " after i pulled his Z71 out of the ditch!
            Dammmn right. I started daily driving FSJ's four years ago at 18. It is a progressive disease. There is no cure.
            Kyam (that's kye-um)

1982 Wagoneer Brougham
            258/T176/219/Weber 32/36

Comment

• Ristow
              • Jan 20, 2006

i like the 2 door NT's.....
              Originally posted by Hankrod
              Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
              ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
              I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• TheFlyingBrick
                230 Tornado
                • Aug 21, 2014

Originally posted by kyamcalvert
                Dammmn right. I started daily driving FSJ's four years ago at 18. It is a progressive disease. There is no cure.
                i know! This one tests my love daily .. And i find my self on craigslist daily looking for them. mainly jeep trucks because my girlfriend wants a J2000. ( how i lucked up with that ill never know)

Comment

• renodemona
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 13, 2014

Nice! Like that yellow/white combo!
                  "Susan" - 1976 Cherokee w/t 401/TH400/QT
                  3" Rough Country lift, Junkyard TBI
                  Edelbrock Performer Intake, HEI Dizzy

Comment

• jdaniel83
                    350 Buick
                    • Sep 26, 2008

Welcome! And very nice Cherokee!
                    '89 GW; 4" Susp Lift on 32" Wild Country MTX; 360, HEI, Edelbrock Intake, Melling MTA-1 Cam, Summit 600 carb, 3.73 Gears

'70 Wagoneer; stock Buick Dauntless 350, TH400; 3.73 stock gears

'83 Wagoneer Limited; stock 360, 727, 3.31 gears.

Comment

• SIUADOG
                      232 I6
                      • May 18, 2014

Great looking truck. A girlfriend that supports you and also enjoys your interests, that makes her a KEEPER.
                      We'll be watching for you on the road around here.
                      Just Empty Every Pocket

1988 Grand Wagoneer
                      AMC 360
                      727 TF
                      No modifications so far... Yeah, I'll probably keep it stock.

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

Brick- neat NT Cherokee!

Brick-

That's pretty neat. Makes me wish I could have started when I was your age, there was alot more FSJ's around then! Better late than never, I guess.

Man if you can, go thru it and keep it, they're not making any more...and yeah, some of the old 4X4's are alot more capable than most of the car and truck rag-a-zines will claim. Sounds neat that you might have a J-truck to go along with it. The other guys are right, if you like FSJ's, they sort of grow on you after a while, parts and maybe other rigs start to follow you home! Don't be surprised if the J-truck ends up being the parts hauler!

Some of the comments you'll get can be kind of funny, as some folks don't know about the 'Big Jeeps' at all. Other ones will actually stop you and chat about 'dad/uncle/etc.' had one.

Anyway, good luck and have fun, FSJ's can be alot of fun.

Comment

• TheFlyingBrick
                          230 Tornado
                          • Aug 21, 2014

Originally posted by bmax65
                          Brick-

That's pretty neat. Makes me wish I could have started when I was your age, there was alot more FSJ's around then! Better late than never, I guess.

Man if you can, go thru it and keep it, they're not making any more...and yeah, some of the old 4X4's are alot more capable than most of the car and truck rag-a-zines will claim. Sounds neat that you might have a J-truck to go along with it. The other guys are right, if you like FSJ's, they sort of grow on you after a while, parts and maybe other rigs start to follow you home! Don't be surprised if the J-truck ends up being the parts hauler!

Some of the comments you'll get can be kind of funny, as some folks don't know about the 'Big Jeeps' at all. Other ones will actually stop you and chat about 'dad/uncle/etc.' had one.

I get those " my uncle had one of those in 19??' a lot! Parts have been following me home a lot. I go to swap meets every free chance i have and every one i go too i seam to leave a little poorer but i seam to find the only fsj parts in the place! last weekend i walked away with a spare chrome 3 piece front bumper. They have been growing on me! Me and dad or whoever will be headed somewhere and i see a fsj i make them stop or i stop and ill be danged if im not gonna find the owner and talk to him!

Comment

• TheFlyingBrick
                            230 Tornado
                            • Aug 21, 2014

Originally posted by bmax65
                            Brick-

I get those " my uncle had one of those in 19??' a lot! Parts have been following me home a lot. I go to swap meets every free chance i have and every one i go too i seam to leave a little poorer but i seam to find the only fsj parts in the place! last weekend i walked away with a spare chrome 3 piece front bumper. They have been growing on me! Me and dad or whoever will be headed somewhere and i see a fsj i make them stop or i stop and ill be danged if im not gonna find the owner and talk to him!

Comment

Working...
                            X