X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Torque
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 14, 2002

Under a large ceder tree...and unless it's really raining stays dry underneath at which point out comes the tarp.I see this as practice for having to wrench on the trails.Not that I wouldn't jump at a heated garage
    Evelynn is an '83 Cherokee Chief W/T with a 360(mildtweek),727,NP229,33x12.5,3.73:1,TFI, MSD6,Painless wiring,CRX seats but the list is growing.

The cynic is one that belives the pessimist is overly optomistic

Comment

• thejum57
      327 Rambler
      • Apr 05, 2001

My 2 car garage, but I have to take the cap off. Otherwise, the driveway!
      Jim, W.Mass. 1976 J-10 258/6 "short-bed" rebuilt motor, Webber 2bbl, Rancho 5000, C.B. 2M HAM, 30" high cap to fit over roll bar KB1FIT (sadly...sold)
      http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_0747.jpg
      2ooo Dodge Grand Caravan
      1987 Chevy Cavalier Convertible
      1986 Jeep Comanche
      http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/000_1213.jpg

Comment

• Poley
        360 AMC
        • Mar 22, 2003

ironroad29- you are spoiled to be about to work inside a shop, sweet
        Fullsized Gets it DONE!!!!

Comment

• War Wagon
          350 Buick
          • Feb 26, 2002

I work in the driveway. Pulled the transfer case Tuesday and it started raining and has just stopped 30 minutes ago. Got to love it.

Jim
          I may not be good but I am good at it.

78 Wagoneer "The War Wagon"
          81 J10 Truggy "The War Buggy"
          83 J10 Sport Side
          CFSJC Uwharrie Rep.
          07 JK 2dr Rubicon
          09 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

• 2nd Day
            FSJ Bird Man
            • Nov 08, 2002

Your supposed to work on these things?

I usally end up at a friends house, sucks living on base.
            ""In God We Trust"
            87 Grand Waggy
            Co-Founder of the ECI
            My son asked:
            Why does Daddy always buy the Jeeps that break down a lot?"

Comment

• gwinn
              360 AMC
              • Nov 05, 2001

Routine work is done in my driveway or a friend's garage. A large portion of the work is done wherever I am when it breaks down. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• Casey
                • Oct 08, 2003

This is a pic of the house I just moved from. My buddy is looking for a can of beer he set down! we had to let the air out of the 31's to roll it into the bay(7'door)the driveway is steep, the house is on Paris Mtn.. The garage is full of crap to re-model the house with and a staging area for every project I have going on and my re-loading bench.

My new house has a carport that is unfortunately well below the average high water mark during the hurricane season. So I have to build up a platform to put my tool box on and alot of shelving to get the other tools off the floor. But it is 2 car and has a 10x20 shop area at the back. I'm going to close it in and hang an 18' door. The best part is my Jeeps can sit in the driveway in neutral and they wont roll.

You can see the water standing in the driveway, thats just from a hard rain! Last year hurricane Isabelle brought water to the bottom of our floor joists I am going to cut the driveway and install a drain to help with the rain water and just hope for the best during hurricane season. Got lucky this year!
                1994 YJ
                1986 Comanche
                '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
                www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                "Go forth and be a tool".
                Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
                This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• VA Beachboy
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 27, 2004

I work on my GW in the shop on my dad's farm. When I was a teen I soon learned that if I left it in dad's shop long enough, it usually got fixed...by dad. Later, he would usually mumble something like, "I had to fix your blankety, blank, POS Jeep so I could get that bucket of rust outta my shop so I could work on the combine." Dad once worked in a garage, and he could fix whatever was wrong with that old Jeep while I was trying to figure out which tools I needed. I actually think he liked working on it because somtimes if he didn't have anything better to do, he would pull it in his shop and fix stuff that he thought "needed fixin" even though I didn't know there was anything wrong with it.

Finally I had to sell "DA Beast" when Dad evicted the old tub of rust and bondo from his equipment shed to make room for a new John Deere. There was so much oil on the cement floor where it dad been parked for years that Dad said it looked like the Exxon Valdez had been drydocked in there.

If Dad ever sells the farm, and gets rid of his tools and the farm business account at the NAPA store my Grand Wagoneer will have to go!

[ November 04, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: VA Beachboy ]
                  1989 Grand Wagoneer w/ factory moonroof \"The Green Machine\" (fully stock) <br /><br />1979 Wagoneer \"The Beast\" SOLD<br /><br />2005 Ford Mustang (babe magnet)

Comment

• Allen78J20
                    350 Buick
                    • Jan 31, 2002

The driveway as usual. But after years of wrenching in any weather, either on a tank in the army or on the family vehicles, the Jeeps Gods smiled at me, and with my first new to me house there is a detached 2 car garage with a 75000 BTU natural gas heater. Tonight was the first night getting organized enough to get something in there!

[ November 04, 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Allen ]

Comment

• paddyp
                      304 AMC
                      • Jan 07, 2003

For now, I have a 2 car garage. But soon, after a 4" lift, 33s, and a Tadrack, I will be forced to use the driveway.
                      78 Wagoneer "Trusty Rusty"
                      360/TH400/Part-Time QT/ D44 Locked Front/Welded Rear/31x10.50x15 BFG M/T
                      Soon to come: 4.09 gears, SOA/shackle flip, 33x12.50x15 Swamper TSLs

Comment

• Rande
                        Ph.D in Jeep B.S.
                        • Jun 26, 2000

You can get a look at "the shop" here: http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/zingflap

The photos were taken over the span of a couple of months. We still need to insulate and install a heater for these cold Minnesota winter months. We put up plastic sheeting to at least help hold some of the heat in. We are currently, carefully, using Knipco style heaters.
                        N4ZYV

I ain't giving up. I've worked hard, it took me years to work my way to the bottom.

1998 Cherokee Sport (not maroon! Have history with maroon XJs)
                        1937 Chevy pickup (in progress)
                        1966 Mustang
                        1937 IH D2

Comment

• mudslider
                          304 AMC
                          • Sep 26, 2004

I got a nice narrow ditch beside my trailer. I push or drive it in and level my rig out then I have all the room I need underneath. It doesnt leave much room for weather though. So that is where the weather channel helps out for my more than a day projects. And ants are vicious so watch where ya park.
                          P.J
                          Stupidity rules at all times! Famous last words "Hey, watch this" Its 5:00 Somewhere. 1983 J10 In process: 360 ci install

Comment

• jeepzilla47
                            350 Buick
                            • Jun 14, 2003

i use my buddies shop, (he happens to love jeeps also)...it was/is his dad. he runs alot of heavy equipment, so we got some good tools....car lifts, welders, plasma....ect..
                            Mike Hildreth...aka Tubby
                            "From nothing we have risen, and from nothing, we still rise!!" (Hatebreed)

84 GW in progress
                            fuel injected 454/th400/203/205/hpd60/ff14b 4.88/welded/4wdb/dbl/39.5 iroks/gm springs/rb shackle flip/ hydraulic assist

Comment

• flyboy
                              258 I6
                              • Oct 15, 2001

I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now with the help of my son. Hope to have it closed in by the end of the month. Gonna be a big change from the 24x24 I'm working out of now.

73 J-4000,360,TH400/D20,springover,Q78 buckshots

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

Nice pole barn!
                                1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                                1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                                The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X