X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

2016 is here, where are the Jeeps

Mine is about to get some much needed work. All of them. That being said Rush Offroad has some truck competitions I would like to go see.
    Where's everyone at?
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

I'm still here.... I get to work on the Chero when the days are nice. SOOO...... close.
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Hope to get my new axle shafts on order this weekend. Got a used np229 coming in very soon also. Lots to do but it is all finally coming together.
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• DBX11
        258 I6
        • May 18, 2009

Hey mid westerners

New rear bumper for the truck then the water pump started to squeal not sure if that's related but been soaking bolts with pblaster so I can do that, also recurved the distributer in the wag waiting for a test run! Replaced the weatherstrip with the eBay type and now they shut completely again. Waiting for some time to dig into the wags locks and window that fell into the door.

Comment

• fsj454
          Long time member
          • Jan 02, 2015

12 years

I drive a 1990 beater every day .But the real jeep is almost ready.30 days to go .you would not believe the work that has been done to this jeep..Ido not post pictures because it is top secret..
          1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• Mars
            350 Buick
            • Apr 24, 2010

Been rollin mine all winter. No issues aside from how thirsty it is.
            Wannabe Fabricator
            Grumpy on a good day.
            1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
            What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• DBX11
              258 I6
              • May 18, 2009

The water pump shakedown was successfull

Comment

• Hooby
                230 Tornado
                • Aug 16, 2014

I've got the new engine in (Rebuilt AMC 360) ... still trying to get the T18 put together and bolted up to the Dana 20... hoping to make good progress in the coming weekends so I can start driving it again! Once it's back together, I'd be interested in doing something.

Comment

• blazer3664
                  350 Buick
                  • Mar 08, 2009

Injection will start going in this weekend. Oil pump rebuild as soon as it gets here. Then Axles, which will take care of the steering issues, and the scary brakes with the help of hydro-boost.

Then I'll give it a good shakedown and see if its ready for a longish trip.

A couple months yet, but getting there.

Jim
                  modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
                  LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
                  SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                  H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
                  custom shackle flip
                  W/F150 springs
                  -----Coming Soon-----
                  snorkels,
                  OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by DBX11
                    The water pump shakedown was successfull

When did you score this beast? I didn't know you came over to the dark side of Quadra-trac. I like it...
                    Last edited by HOOT; 04-24-2016, 06:43 PM.
                    Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Nice to see everyone still kicking.. Mars gets the award for keeping his on the road..
                      I just sold off the old 81 J20 I had in the drive so it is time to get started on my keepers. 1980 J20 Utility,gets different engine installed, 1985 J10, all new rear end parts and new axle shafts and wheels, and 77 Honcho. the 77 will be getting everything engine,axles and all replaced on it,mainly going offroad with it. Still need to get my axle shafts ordered. A guy at work is going to machine me some hub-centric center caps for my 5 slot mags. I can have those made when the new axles get here so they can be measured.

I got side tracked with a landscaping project that was long over due but is very near completion now. Next weekend is my volunteer weekend for an old Louisville cemetery. Weekend after that is possibly a weekend run to FL to see Mom. Then after that it is all Jeep with a little F-350 throw in there as well. but mainly all Jeep.
                      I need 2 motors installed and one pulled still. I will need hands for those. I have all the necessary tools and equipment to make it go more painlessly. I'm also removing the complete dog houses for both installs. Wrench -O- thon's are coming soon. Going to do a sleep over weekend camp out in the yard for any out of towners, cough..retro, blazer, John, cough cough that wants to come. It may not be a private as Retro's place but it's not like sleeping on the sidewalk either. I mean you can sleep on my sidewalk if you want, my buddy Alan used to all the time. It's just more private on the rear patio and yard.
                      Tom Gibson

Comment

• blazer3664
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 08, 2009

Wrench -O- thon's are coming soon. Going to do a sleep over weekend camp out in the yard for any out of towners, cough..retro, blazer, John, cough cough that wants to come.
                        Wellllllll, may just have to see when the time comes. Pulling 5-12hr shifts pretty much every week , with 6+7 coming soon. Trying to get a number of things done, only one of which is my Jeep . The funds are nice, but this mandatory stuff may require a well deserved vaca/trip by then.

May end up having a WOT of my own later this year. If I can get everything else done, and get all my junk in order that is.
                        Long list.......
                        fix all leaks
                        TBI since I still didn't get to it
                        trans/doubler swap
                        big axles rebuilt and installed
                        fix all leaks
                        dual tanks
                        toss out the stinking blocks, and re-lift rear suspension my way
                        cutting brakes
                        fix more leaks
                        complete redo of OBA, P.O. has it "functional" kinda.
                        replace rear corners
                        get rid of stupid hood scoop
                        revamp/clean up the removable top......like the OBA, functional, but not very cleanly done.
                        other body work ..... add second filler neck.... air hose storage (long story)
                        Monsta-liner/Raptor/whatever I decide for "paint"
                        build bumpers
                        + tire carrier
                        more leak repair
                        new driveshafts
                        OBW
                        storage organization stuff
                        interior stuff (a list in itself)
                        after the electrical is all functional with everything how I want it, pull all wiring and build new harness -- minus all the rats-nests and spliced junk...... wonder who might be able to help with that ??? (Woodchomper ? )
                        ........................... there is more I am missing. Oh, did I mention leaks?

Jim
                        SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                        custom shackle flip
                        W/F150 springs
                        -----Coming Soon-----
                        snorkels,
                        OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• blazer3664
                          350 Buick
                          • Mar 08, 2009

And for the record my 81 is "on the road", and I am hoping to only have it down for a few days at a time as I get things done.

I just dont trust it to keep the fluids all on the inside for a long trip yet, but its getting there.

Jim
                          SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                          custom shackle flip
                          W/F150 springs
                          -----Coming Soon-----
                          snorkels,
                          OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• DBX11
                            258 I6
                            • May 18, 2009

Hoot

Had the j10 about 10 years or so. You know the song; needed a truck couldn't afford a new one but could keep an old one on the road, it came outta Middletown from a church that only plowed snow resulting in low,low miles little rust surprisingly keeps on running enough to keep the yard squared away.

Comment

• fsj454
                              Long time member
                              • Jan 02, 2015

Put plates on

I will be seeing you soon.FSJ454.2016 IS MY YEAR.No pictures please.TOP SECRET....
                              1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X