International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Events > Ouray FSJ Invasion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Ph.D in Jeep B.S.

Trails to Ride

Well, its looking better as far as work is concerned and that means greater confidence that I will make it this year I may be able to purchase a local '82 WT Cherokee but not sure if I will have the resources to have it ready. I'm most likely to drive the stock XJ.

But either way, I am looking for trails to drive. I have been perusing the YouTube videos. Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass look like good drives. Imogene looks abit rougher but not too bad. I've been through Placer/Picayune, and Minnie or Maggie (not sure whih it was) and Last Dollar road. No interest in Black Bear with those switchbacks going down the cliff.

I plan to arrive Sunday afternoon (leaving Saturday AM) so I will have a couple of days to cruise around before the invasion officially begins. Keeping in mind the stock XJ and my relative inexperience, what are some trails I might drive? Looking for easy drives.

Meanwhile, I will keep looking around YouTube and the net on my own.

I ain't giving up. I've worked hard, it took me years to work my way to the bottom.

1998 Cherokee Sport (not maroon! Have history with maroon XJs)
1937 Chevy pickup (in progress)
1966 Mustang
1937 IH D2

Last edited by Rande : 02-09-2013 at 11:28 AM.