• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dano73
    232 I6
    • Oct 11, 2007

Flexplate Scratching Spacer Plate

Have the motor out of my 88 waggy, noticed that the flexplate has been contacting the spacer plate lightly, it has scoring on it. I don’t have a gage, but I can slide the crank about an 1/8 th of an inch. I’m thinking bad thrust bearing. Agreed?
    Last edited by dano73; 01-05-2019, 07:49 PM.
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

the thrust surface on the crank will be shot too. needs to be welded and turned.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

It could also be the torque converter ballooning or a bent splash plate or flexplate. The wrong torque converter bolts or one coming loose can be an issue. Since the linkage for the trans also bolts to the bell through the tin plate, it can be bent or loose causing the dust cover to move closer to the converter.
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
      X