• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jjkage84
    327 Rambler
    • May 18, 2011

Fellow Missourians

Starting this back up.

How's everyone doing in Missouri/Illinois?

Would love to set up a FSJ Meet and Greet at some point this year! Let me know any interest!
    1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=141075

www.youtube.com/JeepKage101

Keep Calm and Jeep On!
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

We were talking of doing a Mid West Meet and Eat up in Wisconsin last fall. We have had them in Western , IN at Shade's State Park the last couple of years.

We have had several in KY the last few years for Ohio River Valley Region. Morehead, KY ( 3 times) , Bowling Green, KY once almost twice and Walton,KY once.

The trick is to keep an eye to this regional Ohio River Valley site and the Mid West Forum area of this site. Most are decided on in a couple of weeks time and over before everyone finds out. We like it that way.. .. Actually it just happens that way, the ones we spend lots of planning on seem to fizzle out before they happen.

Hope to see you at one sometime. We have talked of doing stuff towards your neck of the woods. Basically we just don't know of parks or that region much so if you have suggestions throw them out to us. That is how the other meets happened..
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Jjkage84
      327 Rambler
      • May 18, 2011

I'll have to start doing some thinking. Is South East Mo better for your group Hoot?
      1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

It's a 6 hour drive to Paducah and the Land Between the Lakes region from here. Not sure how many would want to travel that far.
        A couple of us were thinking of doing a LBL trip on our way to Ouray. That got cancelled but it would be a nice time for me to do a LBL trip while on the way to Ouray.
        I would like to go up in Wisconsin for a long weekend. Specifically to the Forevertron and surrounding area.
        I am just as happy with a road trip than a off road trip.

There are a few guys from the St.Louis area that maybe we can shake out for a weekend. They came to western IN for a trip last year. We all met up at Shades State Park in IN. Very nice place for a camping weekend.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• j2sax
          350 Buick
          • Mar 20, 2003

I vote for SMORR.NET 900 acres of fun... great shower facilities, camping, electrical sites only an hour from Springfield/Bass Pro, a bit more to Branson and about a half hour from Ozark Dragway... we could go watch some races, for those that are not too prissy we could hit some trails (plenty I have taken stock XJ's, Wags and J10's on), generally hang and enjoy!
          Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

That looks like a very good possibility.. It is 567 miles from my house. Around $400 in gas to get there and back.
            I could see this being a neat early/midweek event. If I'm driving that far I want a few days there plus a day each way for travel.

I bet we could get alot of people to show from all over. Between St.Louis,Kansas City,Tulsa, Littlerock,and Memphis and all points inbetween there has to be a slew of FSJ's.

I think some time in the fall would be best to avoid the stupid heat and humidity you guys get down there. I thought we had it bad here I about die down there in July on my way to Ouray.

We need to throw this around in a few of the regional chapters to get every ones thoughts and times.
            Tom Gibson

Comment

• Jjkage84
              327 Rambler
              • May 18, 2011

I think I'd definitely be up for that! The wagoneer will be running mighty fine by then (I hope)!
              1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• j2sax
                350 Buick
                • Mar 20, 2003

Let's make it Happen!

If we can work out a date range, I can contact the owner and we can get all our camping spots together... mid week is a great idea and I will be there. They have a great pavilion for gathering, meetings, card games, whatever.. even if the weather turns bad.

I think you are right.. Central for a lot of FSJ's. Would be great to coincide with other events as there are plenty of trails a stock FSJ can get around on and get to the ridiculous obstacles to watch others tear their stuff up! Then drive to the next one. There are lots of videos on youtube.

Let me know what I can do to help... Brandon, the owner actually has a Franken Waggy he uses as a recovery vehicle and a really sweet Bobbed J10.
                Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

Working...
                X