International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Introduce Yourself.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 PM
230 Tornado

New Cherokee Chief Owner

I just picked up a '77 Cherokee Chief S WT. It had the Levi interior, until a P.O. removed the back seat, buddy seat, and some of the paneling... The plan is to get it back to the street as-is for a while and slowly fix the interior and potentially paint. Very pleased to have this is my next project as the last one ('70 Charger) is winding down. I picked "Levi" up from Northern Iowa where he hadn't left the property for quite some time. An electric fuel pump, a few fuses, lightbulbs, fluids, etc and I drove it 120 miles home and it ran and drove surprisingly well.

I will be looking for some parts and definitely information in the future. I'm looking forward to the adventures that are to come, i've wanted an old Jeep as long as I can remember.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:25 AM
230 Tornado

Nice find, good thing about these they can be straightened out fairly easy and finding parts or building them takes little effort. You will have it together in no time.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:38 PM
360 AMC

Great rig! Super glad you are here! There are tons of folks here with significant parts stashes so use the want ads in the classified. The search function does not work well so when looking for interchange info search on google. You will be AMAZED at how many cheap Ferd, GM, and Dudge stuff are in our rigs. They are much cheaper to work on if you take your time and research parts.
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring