• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmax65
    • Apr 25, 2024

newbie NW area question

Hi Guys

Total newb query here....if this isn't the right spot for it, I apologize, please direct me to the right area.

1) Keep hearing stories of a Jeep-able trail, from Index to Wenatchee.

a) true or myth
    b) if true, baby Jeeps only, or could a Waggy do it (clearances)
    c) if true, how extreme is it
    d) if Waggy friendly, any details (permits, recommended preperations, etc.)

2) Any other Waggy-sized trails in wishy washy western WA WA land?

Both me and the Wag are not hardcore, the Wag is stock right now, and the only trail snooping I've done is in a stock XJ at Marckworth about a year ago.

Was amazed at how many blue steel gates, and 'no public access' signs are out there in the supposed wilderness.

Is it WA state's plan to have NO Jeep-able trails?

Thanks for any and all comments and advice.

I have not an answer to your q's, but if you go over to www.pnw4wda.org, and look around on that forum or off the main page, about us, officers, contact either the Washington Executive Director or the Region 4 Director. Region 4 is central Washington and they do a lot of trail work up there.

Between Jim and Earl, they should be able to get you taken care of.
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Also http://nw-wheelers.com (haven't had time to look up my forest service map yet)
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
      X