• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mltxj9889
    232 I6
    • Apr 23, 2010

need holley fuel bowl part #

I am in need of a part number for my holley carburetor. I have a 1977 cherokee chief s with the 401.
    I don't have a part number from the carb. Where can I get the part number?

I need one of the float fuel bowls because one of my viewing screw holes is stripped out.
    I want to know where I can get a new one.

Thanks
  • JeepMods
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 08, 2009

You don't have a number stamped near the one of the horns (bowl vents)?... Pics would help out a lot. 1-866-GO-HOLLEY

Comment

• mltxj9889
      232 I6
      • Apr 23, 2010

Originally posted by JeepMods
      You don't have a number stamped near the one of the horns (bowl vents)?... Pics would help out a lot. 1-866-GO-HOLLEY
      There are 2 different numbess
      1850-3

I will try and do a search on Holley's web site.

Comment

• mltxj9889
        232 I6
        • Apr 23, 2010

Originally posted by mltxj9889
        There are 2 different numbess
        1850-3

I will try and do a search on Holley's web site.
        I found that the part numbers tell me I have a Holley 4160. My next question is, is the fuel float bowl facing the front of the vehicle the primary or secondary bowl? I am completely new to the carb tech.

Comment

• Jeepguy77
          350 Buick
          • Mar 16, 2008

The one in front is the primary fuel bowl it has an accelerator pump on the bottom, heres a link for one. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-134-101/
          Pierce,
          77 J10 454, TH400, D20,

Comment

• mltxj9889
            232 I6
            • Apr 23, 2010

Originally posted by Jeepguy77
            The one in front is the primary fuel bowl it has an accelerator pump on the bottom, heres a link for one. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-134-101/
            Got it ordered. Thanks.
            When installing it is there any special procedure? Or do I just unbolt the old one and bolt up the new?

Comment

• JeepMods
              327 Rambler
              • Jul 08, 2009

Yeah, use the right gaskets (Holley) and make sure they are the correct ones!!!! (Can't stress that enough) When you tighten the bowl screws don't over tighten them... Off hand I can't recall how many Inch pounds but somebody should be able to tell you on here or you can call Holley... Definitely make sure that all of those passage ways are free of debris... air bleeds, metering blocks etc.

Comment

• mltxj9889
                232 I6
                • Apr 23, 2010

Yeah, use the right gaskets (Holley) and make sure they are the correct ones!!!! (Can't stress that enough) When you tighten the bowl screws don't over tighten them... Off hand I can't recall how many Inch pounds but somebody should be able to tell you on here or you can call Holley... Definitely make sure that all of those passage ways are free of debris... air bleeds, metering blocks etc.
                ok cool I will get the old one out and the new one should be here on Wednesday.
                Should the new bowl I ordered come with a gasket?

Comment

• JeepMods
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jul 08, 2009

Should the new bowl I ordered come with a gasket?
                  Good question...

Comment

• mltxj9889
                    232 I6
                    • Apr 23, 2010

Good question...
                    haha I guess we will find out.

So when I pull the fuel bowl off and install the new one am I going to need to prime if first or can I do this by pumping the pedal?

Comment

• JeepMods
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jul 08, 2009

If you have an electric fuel pump turn the key on for a second or two then turn it off and repeat a couple times and then you should be good...
                      If you have a mechanical pump, insure the battery is charged and crank her over for a few seconds... those mechanical pumps will move a decent amount of fuel.
                      When you go to remove the fuel bowl try not to break free the metering block gasket. If you do, replace it.

Comment

• Ristow
                        • Jan 20, 2006

you may as well get a rebuild kit too. you're gonna trash the accelerator pump trying to peel it off the old bowl. the bowl screw gaskets will likely be as hard as a rock too. it'd be silly not to put a fresh power valve in it too since you're that far it.
                        Originally posted by Hankrod
                        Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                        ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                        I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• mltxj9889
                          232 I6
                          • Apr 23, 2010

If you have an electric fuel pump turn the key on for a second or two then turn it off and repeat a couple times and then you should be good...
                          If you have a mechanical pump, insure the battery is charged and crank her over for a few seconds... those mechanical pumps will move a decent amount of fuel.
                          When you go to remove the fuel bowl try not to break free the metering block gasket. If you do, replace it.
                          Thanks for the advise,that answers my question perfect.
                          Originally posted by Ristow
                          you may as well get a rebuild kit too. you're gonna trash the accelerator pump trying to peel it off the old bowl. the bowl screw gaskets will likely be as hard as a rock too. it'd be silly not to put a fresh power valve in it too since you're that far it.
                          If I just remove the fuel bowl is something else going to come out with it. I have never messed with a carb before. from what you said it sounds like the acc pump is going to come out with the bowl. Is this true?

Comment

• DAHoyle
                            350 Buick
                            • Nov 25, 2005

Thanks for the advise,that answers my question perfect.

If I just remove the fuel bowl is something else going to come out with it. I have never messed with a carb before. from what you said it sounds like the acc pump is going to come out with the bowl. Is this true?
                            Refer to the following, and hold your questions till the end of class.

Order a rebuild kit for your carb, and tear it all apart. By the time you are done, you will see how things come apart.
                            Last edited by Ristow; 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM.
                            67 M715
                            Cummins 4BT/Allison 54/Ford203/Ford205,
                            Front 89 HP60/Rear 81 GM D70HD
                            Discs all around/ 12 bolt H1 Rims
                            Build still very much in progress

78 Levi edition Honcho 360/T18/D20

Comment

• Green Giant
                              360 AMC
                              • Jul 31, 2001

like Ristow said, oughta just rebuild it it while you are in it that far. Might as well get intimate with that Holley.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ristow; 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM.
                              Todd Moon
                              78 Cherokee Chief
                              78 Chief
                              66 J-3600
                              69 J-3500
                              67 CJ-5
                              67 J-100 w/BARN DOORS

48 CJ2-A
                              Proud member of Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
                              cfsjc.com
                              No part of this post, written or pictured, may be re-used by any individual or organization or publication without my express written permission.
                              (Thanks, Flint!)

Comment

Working...
                              X