• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

2009 Ouray FSJ Invasion - July 22-24, 2009

July 22, 23 & 24, 2009 - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are for trail runs. Please plan to be in Ouray by Tuesday evening so you can join everyone else on trail rides beginning Wednesday.

NOTE 1: There is at least one requirement we make for those who join us for the trail rides. You must have a low range transfer case on your vehicle.

NOTE 2: This gathering of FSJs is not endorsed or sponsored by any web site or forum managed or owned by CFSJA.ORG or IFSJA.ORG. There are no dues or fees involved. Ouray FSJ Invasions are for free and for fun for anyone who owns a Full Size Jeep or have one in the family.

For 2009, we invade the San Juan Mountains with our FSJs all over again! Please plan to be in Ouray by Tuesday evening (July 21). We will be trail riding Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. There is the option stay another day and get together for a ride on Saturday as well. The socially acceptable FSJ place to camp is at the Ouray KOA. We have sites 45 through 52 on hold for you to reserve until the end of December. 47D is the social gathering place for camp fire meetings. That site is reserved by Krista and I. Anyone who wants 47D can contact me and I will help you get it.

Since we are not sure how long everyone might be able to stay, be sure and let KOA know which day you plan to depart. It is pretty laid back in the back by the aspens and only a short walk to the bathroom and showers. You are responsible to get and pay for your sites if you stay at the KOA or anywhere else. If you stay at the Ouray KOA, you are expected to comply with the KOA park rules while there. The best bet is to determine if you can make it to the 2009 Ouray FSJ Invasion and reserve early. Please remember: if you cancel less than 48 hours before your arrival date, you pay Dave for at least two nights. Your bill with KOA is your responsibility. Here is the KOA web site: OURAY KOA We recommend you reserve your KOA site by contacting Dave by email or call 1-800-KOA-8026 and ask for Dave. The office is open 8AM to 10PM until Labor Day. When you contact the KOA, tell them you are with the Full Size Jeep Group (not FSJ group). Dave and Deborah spend the winter in Florida and will be leaving Ouray by the end of October until next Spring. They can take your reservations from where ever they are, but it may take a couple to a few days to make your connection once he has left for Florida. Please be patient with making reservations.

Here is a link to other Ouray lodging options.

Note: Discounts mentioned in the link above only applied to the 2002 Ouray FSJ Invasion.

Edit 7/29/08 - modified KOA reservation info for clarity

Please PM me when you make your reservation with KOA and I will update the map.
    Book 'em early!

Thanks!
    Last edited by fulsizjeep; 01-15-2009, 08:07 AM.
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • misfittom138
    350 Buick
    • Dec 19, 2007

Ok I am definately making 2009! I'm planning now!
    81 Wagoneer 360/727/208, lockrite rear/welded front,4.10s, 7"SOA/shackle flip,3" body,OBA,37" Iroks,chopped,caged,highsteer,hydro assist....

Comment

• yoslvr442
      327 Rambler
      • Jun 28, 2005

Originally posted by misfittom138
      Ok I am definately making 2009! I'm planning now!
      x2 already told work im taking off!!
      90 Grand Wagoneer " CHERRIGATOR "
      Black cherry metallic
      Hydroboost
      Exploration ready!!
      sold

Comment

• ne715
        350 Buick
        • Mar 16, 2006

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
        July 22, 23 & 24, 2008 -
        You might want to correct this.

Pam

Comment

• bigun
          • Feb 10, 2003

Dave told me before I left I already Sent my reservation in for 47F and a site for the MH closer to the action
          Last edited by bigun; 07-26-2008, 04:55 PM.
          charlie
          KB0HXA
          "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
          congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
          How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
          Robert A. Heinlein
          The birth of CROM is recorded here
          http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• will e
            Always Broke
            • Nov 16, 2001

I just signed up for sight 56! Already looking forward to it. I am not happy I missed this year and am looking forward to next!
            82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Tad
              • Nov 30, 2001

47C
              Confirmed by Dave: 7/27/08 @ 11:02am
              Thanks,
              Tad
              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
              Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• jsinajeep
                304 AMC
                • Nov 26, 2005

Just signed up. 7/27/08 3:00pm. Will be on lot 57 next to will e.
                Confirmation coming e mail.
                http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• krek
                  Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Any chance of getting a peek at the 2010 dates?
                  SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• Tad
                    • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by krek
                    Any chance of getting a peek at the 2010 dates?
                    It's really not my place to say this, since A: The 2010 dates do not exist, and B: It's not my call at all.

I will provide a bit of insight as to the dates, but I make no claim as to being accurate (I'm sure the original CFSJA membership knows this by heart).

2002, took place in August. I'm old, it's been a bit, I do not remember the exact dates.
                    When 2003 came into play, Don, myself and many others discussed moving back into July to accommodate students and teachers.
                    Since then, it's sort of been in that 3rd to 4th week of July.

Forgive me if my memory has prolapsed, but I think that's pretty close.
                    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 20, 2004

Originally posted by Tad
                      Since then, it's sort of been in that 3rd to 4th week of July.
                      True statement. There was talk about moving it back to the 4th week next year to avoid the FJ'ers, and it looks like that's what Flint did when he posted the 22nd-24th.

I'm for either week, plenty of time to plan for it. The news came last week; Kathy got orders to the Reserve Center in Denver so we're staying. Wahoo!!! This year wasn't my last Invasion!

Planning for next year already...maybe more family this time!
                      90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                        Señor Jackhead
                        • Aug 21, 2002

Yes, the gathering is moved back a week from the last 2 years. A couple reasons for this. Hopefully avoid the FJ group that has been in town with us the last 2 years but mainly to hopefully be there when all trails are open. That will depend on mother nature though I reckon...

I personally think the prime time to be in Ouray is the last week of August and first week in September but that is not good timing for a lot of people. The flowers are pretty well spent by then but the passes and basins are open and monsoons are usually done by then.
                        Flint
                        Ran when parked.
                        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• will e
                          Always Broke
                          • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by fulsizjeep

I personally think the prime time to be in Ouray is the last week of August and first week in September but that is not good timing for a lot of people. The flowers are pretty well spent by then but the passes and basins are open and monsoons are usually done by then.
                          I like the flowers and the monsoons.

I remember last year taking shelter and cooking sausages and cheese crisps (with los dos salsa) while waiting out the rain. It was awesome.

Remember, us desert rats don't see a lot of rain.
                          82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                            350 Buick
                            • Jul 29, 2003

I just reserved 47B for the whole week.
                            Rainman took my usual spot of 47

Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by will e
                              Remember, us desert rats don't see a lot of rain.
                              Yeah - but us mountain rats know that you can get washed off'n the mountain when it rains. I reckon that's why we don't see too many desert rats up here. They done got washed off the first time it rained. "Dude, wow, man.... look at the rain!.... hey, what's that sound like a soggy rocky locomotive hurtling towards us??" "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!"

Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                              77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                              The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

Working...
                              X