• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mud89
    304 AMC
    • Nov 18, 2009

Greetings from Burgundy

Hello,
    It’s great to be onboard of this forum !

I am from Burgundy in France and i am definitely a Jeep fan, especially CJs and FSJs.

I got a CJ7 Laredo with the 304 and a J10 sportside with the 258, and i’d like to have in the future another FSJ.

The first one I bought was the CJ7 : I chose this one because it’s all original and I like the v8 and the Laredo trim.
    It takes off course more times to find the Jeep you want in Europe…

The CJ7 is an US version which was imported in the beginning of the 80s .

There are French version of the CJ7, because of the partnership between Renault and AMC at that time, but it was not with the V8.

I prefer generally a Jeep when it’s close from stock , except for a little lift and bigger tires :
    I changed the tires of the CJ7 for some 35” and asked a garage for a change of the axles ratio accordingly.

The second one is a J10 sportside I bought two years ago : I was lucky, because it’s very rare in Europe as you imagine !

Unfortunately , mine is rusty and tired, but also close from the stock like the CJ7

I am starting a complete restoration of the J10, now I just finished the disassembly. It’s lengthy, since it’s my first restoration..

It’s not hard to find an Edelbrock intake manifold or an HEI distributor in Europe, but to find FSJ parts is a real issue over there…

Thanks
    Last edited by mud89; 10-25-2013, 08:42 AM.
    J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs
  • Brizio
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Apr 11, 2008

Welcome! And nice CJ7! It fit perfect on 35! Nice project on the J-10!
    I'm from Italy, but I moved here in the US, and I remember over there that was very difficult find parts, above all for the price they ask!!! It was cheap buy here in the US and ship there.
    brizios.com
    Small Scale Jeeps
    Brizios

Comment

• mud89
      304 AMC
      • Nov 18, 2009

Thanks Brizio, I am surely going to buy some FSJ parts in the US, but i guess it's not simple for the really heavy ones like an engine..
      J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• Brizio
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Apr 11, 2008

Sometime I find parts for friends in Italy, and they ship all together for save on the shipping price. I shipped two engine for a friend, and we put them in a van that another person we know bought. The cool things, is that the engine didn't pay customs!!! Because they don't check what you put inside a car...
        brizios.com
        Small Scale Jeeps
        Brizios

Comment

• sportsidedan
          350 Buick
          • Jun 29, 2007

salut!

quelles belles jeep! le cj est parfait - le j10 aussi!
          wow! tu connais jean-paul, christophe et laurent? tous des fous du full size!

don't forget to post some pictures of the j10 resto!

regards

dan
          Daniel van Doveren
          JeepHeritage LLC
          +1(832)475-1822
          [email protected]

Follow us on Instagram

Like is on Facebook

Check us out on Youtube

www.jeepheritage.com

Comment

• mud89
            304 AMC
            • Nov 18, 2009

Salut,
            J'ai déjà eu des échanges avec Christophe, une mine d'informations sur les FSJ
            Si laurent c'est laurent Debetencourt, je le connais aussi : je lui ai acheté des pièces
            Je posterai des photos des restos, le souci étant que je manque de temps libre pour faire avancer tout ça.
            A propos on se régale avec tes posts de restos : de véritables oeuvres d'art, peinture, sellerie..
            Regards

guillaume

Comment

• sportsidedan
              350 Buick
              • Jun 29, 2007

ok on veut voir plus :-)

bonne journée,

daniel
              Daniel van Doveren
              JeepHeritage LLC
              +1(832)475-1822
              [email protected]

Follow us on Instagram

Like is on Facebook

Check us out on Youtube

www.jeepheritage.com

Comment

• []V[]AXX
                350 Buick
                • Nov 10, 2009

Welcome. I really like the tires on that CJ. What brand are those?

Comment

• mud89
                  304 AMC
                  • Nov 18, 2009

Thanks
                  The brand is Maxxis (in 35"x13")
                  They were cheaper than the BFG
                  I bought them three years ago, don't know if they are still selling these one ?

Comment

• gallego156
                    232 I6
                    • Jul 10, 2009

Hi mud, congrats from Argentina, it´s a very nice Truck.
                    You must be proud of being the owner of such a jewell lol. Don´t desperate with the restoration, take it easy, it´s the best way to obtain good results and your truck deserves it.
                    Unfortunately we have only a few imported J trucks like yours, here Gladiators were built ´till 1978.
                    I invite you to visit our site and forums: www.clubjeepgladiator.com.ar.

El Galle.
                    El Galle.
                    http://www.clubjeepgladiator.com.ar

Comment

• mud89
                      304 AMC
                      • Nov 18, 2009

Thanks Gallego,
                      You have indeed some very nice Gladiators in Argentina..
                      I guess that the gladiators were built by Industrias Kaiser Argentina (IKA) ?
                      I'd like to have a Gladiator Thriftside someday

guillaume
                      Last edited by mud89; 06-09-2010, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• gallego156
                        232 I6
                        • Jul 10, 2009

Yes, they were Mud, till 1973, when Renault bought IKA, then it was called IKA-Renault.
                        After some years, when all IKA´s vehicles were discontinued, it ended as Renault Argentina that builts Renault cars till nowadays.

El Galle.
                        El Galle.
                        http://www.clubjeepgladiator.com.ar

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                          Banned
                          • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by gallego156
                          Hi mud, congrats from Argentina, it´s a very nice Truck.
                          You must be proud of being the owner of such a jewell lol. Don´t desperate with the restoration, take it easy, it´s the best way to obtain good results and your truck deserves it.
                          Unfortunately we have only a few imported J trucks like yours, here Gladiators were built ´till 1978.
                          I invite you to visit our site and forums: www.clubjeepgladiator.com.ar.

El Galle.
                          WHAT THE H?!?!?

Follow this link and there are several pictures of MY Jeeps there! Somebody want to explain this to me???

this first pic is my second 1979 J20 in my driveway after I converted it to gladiator front end. the sun set is photoshopped in. the truck is real.

this second one is of my first 1979 J20 after I gladiatored it. added 305/70x16 Goodyear MT directional treads.

this third pic is also of my second 1979, just facing out of my driveway...

This last one was a "photoshopped" concept I did using my second 1979 J20 and drawing/cutting pasting. it does NOT exist in the real world. My actual J4X was built based on this look. I don't remember putting this on the web! But maybe in the old days of fsjmagazine.com. I had a lot of photos there.

So who is grabbing my pics and posting them on an Argentinian website?
                          Last edited by Tinkerjeep; 04-07-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• ScottsMojo
                            258 I6
                            • Jun 28, 2011

Originally posted by Tinkerjeep
                            WHAT THE H?!?!?

So who is grabbing my pics and posting them on an Argentinian website?
                            Apparently someone that thinks your J is cool!

Comment

• dan01ster
                              232 I6
                              • Feb 21, 2012

hmmm... not exactly cricket.
                              '82 J20, 360,TF727, NP 208, Holly Projection.'74 paint scheme
                              '67 Jeepster 8701,true convertible,TH400,pwr top,
                              Buick 225.
                              '98 XJ, 4.0L,auto, Selectrac, police package

Comment

Working...
                              X