• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackz4000
    232 I6
    • Mar 27, 2003

Good Salvage Yards for GW Parts

I'm going to have to replace the gas tank skid plate on my '90 GW. Any good salvage yards where I might find one in decent shape, Thanks, Jack
    1990 Grand Wagoneer stock
  • AnnieL
    304 AMC
    • Nov 07, 2004

I think we should have a salvage yard sticky, if we don't already. That way people can add boneyards to the list they know of that are worth going to...

If its already been done, I am exempt from criticism-I haven't yet had my morning caffeine.
    ~AnnieL ~

"I think, therefore I'm single.?

Director: Mojave Desert Animal Rescue
    http://www.AnimalResQ.org

~'89 GW- "Harsh Mistress " BJ's 4 Inch Lift, 31" Bridgestone REVOS, Quick Disconnect Swaybars, Pro Comp shocks...and...crappy paint!

Comment

• Mr Haney
      232 I6
      • Mar 19, 2005

salvage yards

what a great idea! it could be listed state by state.
      Mr. Haney----- Ive owned 15 or so of these Jeeps-----definitely Love/ Hate relationships!

Comment

• jackz4000
        232 I6
        • Mar 27, 2003

I found this link but it is kinda old: http://www.4wdonline.com/Enews/9508.garcia.html

Thing is I live in the rust belt in VT and there are maybe 3 GW's left in the state and most of them rusted away years ago---so I've got to find some good yards that are far away from here. I'll be needing more parts as time goes by. I had a line on a good yard in NC that someone here recomended but...I lost it. Cheers, Jack

Comment

• Randyzzz
          258 I6
          • Mar 03, 2008

There's always one or two good Waggys in the U-Pull-It yard in Redmond OR. I was there a month ago and there was an 88 that was in great shape, no rust, no body damage, silver/burgundy. Came back a week later and both axles were gone. The axles are always the first to go...
          Randy S.
          It's not what you Buy, it's what you Build.
          1987 J20 SOLD
          1966 Waggy SOLD
          1970 Waggy SOLD
          1982 Scrambler SOLD
          1981 Scrambler - Current Project/Keeper

Comment

• Rob z
            350 Buick
            • May 05, 2005

Harrys U Pullit in Hazleton Pa is great. FSJ parts go fast, but they almost always have several.
            89 Grand Rottweiler shuttle

Comment

• tgreese
              • May 29, 2003

Where are you in New England? The pick-your-part yards around here usually have a Wagoneer or two. They tend to be in tough shape, but you might get lucky.

If you can afford the price and the shipping, J&W in Antelope CA or Scotty's in Fontana PA might have one for you.
              Tim Reese
              Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
              Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
              Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
              GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
              ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                304 AMC
                • May 01, 2004

There have been threads in the past for various areas, but I don't recall a sticky.

Here is a thread about NC/SC yards. Might be worth the drive to PA of further south if you are hoping for cancer-free iron

Help me out Easterners! I can't seem to find a single junk yard anywhere around me with a FSJ in it! I have called every one within 2 hours of me and some laugh, some just hang up, and the rest just say no. It's like I am asking them to find me a wrecked Ferrarri to pull the engine out of.....hmmmm....there would be a fun swap!
                One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                50 CJ3A
                77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                  Murphy's Law Poster Child
                  • Dec 03, 2003

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but while you have the gas tank out of the Jeep check the frame for rust and rot.

Gary's U pull it in Binghamton, NY had some good Jeeps from time to time when I was out there, there are also a few others scattered accross NEPA if you're in that area.
                  You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                  '88 GW
                  '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• jackz4000
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 27, 2003

Thanks all. Yeah there was a thread a couple years ago where a few guys mentioned ones they had good luck with. Searched but no find. I got one in NC from there but lost track of it. I think you are right that a sticky where members could add yards and give a quick review would be great. Some parts will probably get very hard to find soon.

Comment

• tazzerzz
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 31, 2007

try this

Find used auto, car and truck parts at great prices or find a junk yard near you.
                      1980 j10 w/Brow and a nice fresh dent on the bed

Comment

• jackz4000
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 27, 2003

Thanks again trgeese. I've located a few and I'll keep looking. As you know here in New England most GW's died off some time ago up here and most went to the crusher. So yards up here are very slim pickin's.

Yeah, I am sure when the tank comes down things could be very ugly.

Comment

I have a spare fuel tank skid for an '80's vintage Waggy... $15 & you pay shipping from 85390...

Comment

• jackz4000
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 27, 2003

Thanks ob1, I just sent you a PM, Jack

Comment

• loganvilledude
                              258 I6
                              • Mar 10, 2009

This is probably the best parts finding tool on the web. You will be amazed at the number of FSJ parts that are avaliable.

Just plug in the year
                              the part
                              and the area you live in.

Enjoy .
                              89 Wagoneer / White Woody / 4" Skyjacker / 360 AMC / A Former Odessan
                              http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/odessadude/

Comment

Working...
                              X