• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwinn
    360 AMC
    • Nov 05, 2001

AZFSJC MEET & GREET - MESA - LOW RES PICS

There were some old faces with new FSJ's, old faces with old FSJ's, new faces with new FSJ's & new faces with old FSJ's at today's AZFSJC Meet & Greet.

Speaking of new faces with old FSJ's Charles, the current owner of River Beast was there. He recently rescued RB from being chopped up by a PO and plans to keep the ol' Wag in tact. He's already made some improvements and its lookin' better than ever. This rig was my inspiration 6 years ago when I was building Johnson. It was wonderful to see it again in person.

Participating in todays meet and greet were the following Jeepers:
    • Tadsal, Rstep and Viscacha who made the trip all the way up from Tucson.
    • Charles and his son (I'm sorry I forgot your name) who came up from Arizona City.
    • Jsinajeep, his wife (I'm sorry I forgot your name) & Tigger4X from Apache Junction.
    • Ralph Rogers from Queen Creek.
    • '78 Arizona Chief and Kristen from Gilbert.
    • JoshD and Big Red Chief from Chandler.
    • Duracell, nakidwoody4me, family & puppy from Peoria.
    • Stinger from Mesa.
    • Locked and Loaded from Glendale.
    • AZRanger, amc79j10, Jeepin' Kitten, Boo and myself all from Phoenix.
    Although a bit breezy, it was excellent weather for this event. The food was delicious! Especially Kristen's chocolate eclaire cake and Jeepin' Kitten's chocolate chip cookies! Mmmmm mmm! The conversation was great and a good time was had by all! Let's get together for a trail ride in early April!

Thanks go out to Glenn & John at 4 Wheel Parts for providing us their parking lot, barbeque grill and restroom facilities for this gathering.

Below are some low resolution pics:

Last edited by gwinn; 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM. Reason: Minor Change in Title
    1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

• AZJ10
    232 I6
    • Apr 10, 2005

Lots of good looking rigs.

Comment

• NOFXguy
      230 Tornado
      • Jan 31, 2007

It's hard to type when the keys are all wet with tears.......Sorry I had to miss this one guys, but stupid boss made me work today! Mike A. the "flying lady" looks great.Ralphie boy, the spray primer is a nice touch. To many irons in the fire.......I'll start pulling my t-case apart soon, a trail ride is what this dude needs.(real bad )

Comment

• J10Mike
        Delightfully Incompetent
        • Jun 04, 2003

Great pics. I don't recall the last time I saw so many FSJs gathered in one place.
        Funny thing...I could pick out Tad's rig by the number of recent welds.
        www.j10mike.com
        Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• jeepfan93
          304 AMC
          • Feb 07, 2006

Very cool indeed. lots of nice rides, nice to see RB drivin again
          Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
          >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
          87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
          1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• fulsizjeep
            Señor Jackhead
            • Aug 21, 2002

Nice gathering Tom. Thanks for sharing! RB looks good with the face lift.
            Flint
            Ran when parked.
            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• rstep
              304 AMC
              • Oct 09, 2003

It was a great day glad we made the trip up to see everyone.Great showing of rigs also.Thanks Tom.
              77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
              d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
              Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
              33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
              Tadrack
              Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
              Soa,with 1" shackle up front
              Hood vents

Comment

• Tad
                • Nov 30, 2001

Thanks for hosting Tom, that was a lot of fun.
                2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• yeep74
                  350 Buick
                  • Jun 05, 2004

So you guys were out on country club by that impossible to find 4 wheel parts? Looks like ya'll had a good time.

B
                  Brandon
                  74 j10 DOA RIP

Originally posted by Geargoyle
                  "Advice: Don't be afraid to do things yourself, sometimes the people you send your parts and money to know less than you do."
                  For Department Use Only:

Comment

• duracell
                    258 I6
                    • Dec 29, 2006

was alot of fun for us. i hope everyone took lots of pic of the silver wag with the black eye cause it's gona change real soon, all the pieces in the garage say so

Comment

• Locked and Loaded
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 04, 2006

I had a great time. I'm glad I finally got to see everyones face instead of an avatar. And all those rigs. Ooh La La. It's been a long time since I've seen all that eye candy in one spot.
                      Jeff

Drink more water.

"Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.
                      But it's free"
                      Kris Kristofferson 1970

1981 J10, 258, T176, NP208

Comment

• duracell
                        258 I6
                        • Dec 29, 2006

gwinn you may have dubbed our gw jj (johnson jr for those not understanding) and did you notice we had the only sunroof and would you send me some pics of johnson brenda can't remember what he looks like from the jeep club pics [email protected]

Comment

• will e
                          Always Broke
                          • Nov 16, 2001

WOW. I wish I could have joined you. It would have been great to hook up with some old friends and meet some new ones.

Who wouldn't want to check out the legendary RB? And you don't see many trucks sitting higher than Kevin's!
                          Mike A, looks like you got the Flying Lady on the road.
                          Tad, RStep, Steve, it would have been nice to catch up with you guys. Steve, you done anything to the rig lately?
                          Ralph and Jerry, whatever, I already see you guys around town every once in a while. . Did you bring your trailer Jerry?
                          I thought Derek was going to show up but looks like he didn't.
                          Keith - Have you made any progress on the truck? Still collecting parts?
                          Tom - good to see you out and about with a Jeep. Hopefully you will be Big Johnson on the road again.

Hopefully I will be there for the next one. I am thinking it is time for a trail ride soon. Maybe we can start off with an easier trail to give some of us a chance to test our rigs out.
                          82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• gwinn
                            360 AMC
                            • Nov 05, 2001

Originally posted by NOFXguy
                            Sorry I had to miss this one guys, but stupid boss made me work today!.......To many irons in the fire.......I'll start pulling my t-case apart soon, a trail ride is what this dude needs.(real bad )
                            Hey Frank! How 'bout Saturday the 14th of April? Be ready amigo!
                            BTW What's with the new IFSJA handle? .....newby.

Originally posted by will e
                            Hopefully I will be there for the next one. I am thinking it is time for a trail ride soon. Maybe we can start off with an easier trail to give some of us a chance to test our rigs out.
                            Second Saturday of April, maybe a 3.0 in the Florence area. What do you think?

Originally posted by duracell
                            gwinn you may have dubbed our gw jj (johnson jr for those not understanding)....
                            Your FSJ should wear that name with pride. Take lotsa' pics. I don't have any pics from when Johnson was a pup.......but we were too poe to buy a camera.

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE THOSE OF YOU WHO MADE IT OUT TO THIS GATHERING. IT WAS LIKE A FSJ FAMILY REUNION (with a few brothas who couldn't make it back)

NEXT TRAIL RIDE WILL MOST LIKELY BE SATURDAY APRIL 14.
                            Last edited by gwinn; 03-04-2007, 07:30 PM.
                            1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• jsinajeep
                              304 AMC
                              • Nov 26, 2005

Yes, Mike I did take the camper. Had a couple of lady telling there other half, WE need one of them. Still got some more to do to it,but its coming out real nice.
                              http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

Working...
                              X