• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CutterN55
    350 Buick
    • Mar 09, 2009

PCS orders to Jacksonville, NC

Web Orders posted. Heading north in September unless my officer package gets accepted.

Be stationed on MCAS New River.
    ROMANS 12:1-2

Military guys- Check out www.MilitaryJeepers.com

'89 GW deceased
    Ford 4spd swap Np435/205
    Lifted/stretched on 36's/4.10 thick gears/spooled rear

'86 CJ-7 Renegade, Restored, original steel.
    new Built TBI 258/Np435/D300 twin-sticks/Waggy D44's
    37" Super Swampers and lots of goodies!
  • silvercert
    327 Rambler
    • Feb 05, 2009

Im going to Seymour Johnson in September.
    Daniel
    I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I always allow each student one free pass in my classes. The bad news is that you have now used yours for this class. Doug

Comment

• kiharaikido
      232 I6
      • May 04, 2011

New River is not far from the beach. That's the only thing good I can say about it. My BIL was stationed there for several years as well. Anything you'd like to know from a former local?

Comment

• scoffshore
        232 I6
        • Dec 12, 2010

Growing area, small town yet big with most all the amenities. It is close to the beach, of which you can drive on the north end. Fair number of FSJ's around as well.
        1988 Grand Wagoneer -Stock-Dark Baltic Blue
        1989 Grand Wagoneer -Stock-White-

Comment

• blkwarrior
          327 Rambler
          • Feb 15, 2010

The best thing about J-Vegas (Jacksonville NC), was that you are on the coast and you can get away easilly towards civilization. I was there just long enought to get to my EAS.
          1984 GW
          360/727/208/ Edl 1406/ Custom exhaust

Future
          Something Sweet with mean capabilities .

Comment

• MonsterZ
            258 I6
            • Nov 11, 2010

I was stationed there for 5 years, 2000-2005. I was a skid kid at the time. Not a bad place, plenty close by to go do as long as you don't mind doing a little driving. Fishing down off the pier used to be pretty decent, and if Bob's Marina is still there you can usually get out on the river pretty easily by talking to people if you don't have your own boat. Lots of good wheeling up near Greenville, and good turkey hunting in western part of Virginia, which is also pretty close. Good luck man and enjoy!
            '75 Wagoneer, bone stock, about to be a whole garage of parts. Tear down starts 3 March, 2012,
            see how long it takes to put it back together....

'91 XJ, 3 in Rough Country lift, 33's, Rattle can paint job, roof rack and cheapo off road lights. Diffs and winch next

Comment

• CutterN55
              350 Buick
              • Mar 09, 2009

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. I went to 'C' school there back in '02 and also went back a couple times for PME schools over the last few years.

Look forward to meeting some Full-size jeepers in the area.
              Only jeep clubs I know of is J-ville jeepers.

Can't wait to get over the Uwharrie again!

'89 GW deceased
              Ford 4spd swap Np435/205

Comment

• CutterN55
                350 Buick
                • Mar 09, 2009

Here we come!

Well, stuff is almost all packed up... headed up there in a few days.
                I went on a bike trip up there to scout out a couple houses a few weeks ago. Was a long time in the saddle (13 hours 1 way) but was a lot of fun. I found a nice place in Richlands that checks out with all the wife's requirements.
                Met an FSJ gal and her boyfriend at the Brown Derby right outside the Air Station. They'll be fun to wheel with, real nice folks.

Looking forward to meeting some other members up there too.

Hopefully we'll be able to get over to Uwharrie while it's still open. I'll be on leave for a month and I told my wife I want to take her and the kids up there once we get the house all settled.
                Last edited by CutterN55; 08-12-2012, 02:50 PM.

'89 GW deceased
                Ford 4spd swap Np435/205

Comment

• billyj7175
                  304 AMC
                  • Sep 10, 2001

Wishing you an uneventful trip...PCSing especially with kids can be taxing I know. I've traveled with 3 small children from coast to coast and half way around the globe. Something we always tried to do with the kids during our stateside travels is to keep a couple of small nerf footballs in the car/van/truck. We tried to stop at least every 1-1 1/2 hrs at a rest stop and let them run silly chasing the ball for 10-15 minutes. This usually kept the car pretty quiet for at least the next 45 minutes or so...haha. This obviously slows down the trip process but sure helped me keep my sanity... (serenity-now, serenity-now)

We also always tried to find a hotel with a pool...that's always a good way to tucker them out before bedtime.

I spent some time at New River during my V-22 Osprey days...seemed like a pretty nice place. Much, much worse places to be stationed for sure.
                  83 J-10 Jeep "Oscar"
                  360/727/229
                  4" Rusty's w/33X12.50 BFG AT's

I'll apologize ahead of time...my inner voice has Tourette's...

Comment

• silvercert
                    327 Rambler
                    • Feb 05, 2009

PCS'ing myself in two weeks to Goldsboro nc.
                    Daniel
                    I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I always allow each student one free pass in my classes. The bad news is that you have now used yours for this class. Doug

Comment

• gas4blood
                      327 Rambler
                      • Sep 29, 2009

We are moving about 5 hours north of where you will be. We all might have to plan a weekend of wheeling and FSJ'ing somewhere in the middle. I would love to see your Wagoneer in person.
                      Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........

Comment

• CutterN55
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 09, 2009

We're super excited.

gas4blood- man that would be great! the only good place in the area I know of is URE. It will be open until December I think. I want to try to get out there and have at it before it's time to head over seas again. Nice thing about URE if you've never been is there is lots of creature comforts for the family and kids. I don't mind sleeping on the trail but with the wife and kids, that ain't happenin'.

Billyj- I think we might try to push through as far as we can and stop as little as possible...but that's always the plan...right? I'm trying really hard to avoid having to shack up in a hotel for the night. I'm a night driver myself and like to drive while the family sleeps but since we are in separate rigs on this trip I am not so comfortable with that. My wife can't do long hauls through the night and I don't want her to with the kids on board. We do have one thing going for us...DVD players rock. "Veggie Tales" all the way to NC...yay. At least we should be able to get through a couple discs before they start going bonkers.
                        Last edited by CutterN55; 08-13-2012, 06:33 AM.

'89 GW deceased
                        Ford 4spd swap Np435/205

Comment

• billyj7175
                          304 AMC
                          • Sep 10, 2001

Originally posted by CutterN55
                          we do have one thing going for us...DVD players rock. "Veggie Tales" all the way to NC...yay. At least we should be able to get through a couple discs before they start going bonkers.

Ah...takes me back. We took a vacation one year and drove from CA to Mass...and back. There was a time in my life when I could practically quote the entire movie Goonies, to include some of the sound effects...

I forgot to add, those little cheap headphones are worth every penny...

Good luck on your trip...and be safe.
                          83 J-10 Jeep "Oscar"
                          360/727/229
                          4" Rusty's w/33X12.50 BFG AT's

I'll apologize ahead of time...my inner voice has Tourette's...

Comment

• gas4blood
                            327 Rambler
                            • Sep 29, 2009

Cutter- That would be a blast man. I've always wanted to hit that place up. We will have to try to plan something before December. I have some good vacation time saved up.
                            Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........

Comment

• CutterN55
                              350 Buick
                              • Mar 09, 2009

We made it. Just getting settled in now. And oh my... I have a side yard with a double gate. A perfect place for a part out or build-up...and what do ya' know, there are two FSJ's for sale on the Lejeune Yard sales site...

I'm fixin' to be in trouble again.

Who owns the white J truck? I think it's sitting on Onslow drive?
                              Last edited by CutterN55; 11-24-2012, 01:58 PM.

'89 GW deceased
                              Ford 4spd swap Np435/205

Comment

Working...
                              X