• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brando0275
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 19, 2017

Parts interchange thread

Just an idea... I searched several ways but didn't find wha I was after so if I missed it I apologize...

I have had all sorts of Jeeps over the years but just picked up my first FSJ...Actually 2 j10's. I'm missing some things that I can't seem to find. I'm sure there are some common parts that interchange. Headlight buckets for example. I've read that TJ or YJ mounts can be made to work for fsj with a little work. Or some other vehicle seats or seat belts that may work pretty good. It would be pretty handy if someone with experience with these could help put together a list of easily interchanged parts. Just so new fsj guys like me don't wear you out with the same questions over and over. If there's already a sticky somewhere I couldn't find it.
  • kgocj5
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 15, 2016

seats

kinds sounds like you are looking for newer style seats. i bolted corbeau baja rs seats in my 1976 cherokee chief. the corbeau seats bolt right to the stock seat mount holes on the frame of the seat. When the fitament chart say fits cj and yj base it will fit a FSJ too. hope this helps you..
    1976 cherokee chief
    1979 cj5
    1989 4 door cherokee
    2004 rubicon wrangler

Comment

• babywag
      out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

search is broken on forum
      use google specify site:ifsa.org and your search terms
      you'll get more relevant hits/info/threads
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Brando0275
        230 Tornado
        • Aug 19, 2017

Originally posted by kgocj5
        kinds sounds like you are looking for newer style seats. i bolted corbeau baja rs seats in my 1976 cherokee chief. the corbeau seats bolt right to the stock seat mount holes on the frame of the seat. When the fitament chart say fits cj and yj base it will fit a FSJ too. hope this helps you..
        That's a start... thanks

Comment

• Brando0275
          230 Tornado
          • Aug 19, 2017

Originally posted by babywag
          search is broken on forum
          use google specify site:ifsa.org and your search terms
          you'll get more relevant hits/info/threads
          Thanks

Comment

• j10jim
            327 Rambler
            • Jan 11, 2003

99 dodge Dakota cab and a half bucket seats bolt right up. I got a set. They are high backs so thats a bonus.
            1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• Brando0275
              230 Tornado
              • Aug 19, 2017

Originally posted by j10jim
              99 dodge Dakota cab and a half bucket seats bolt right up. I got a set. They are high backs so thats a bonus.
              Thanks

Comment

• itselliot
                350 Buick
                • Aug 28, 2010

Originally posted by j10jim

I did the same...no modification at all, They just bolt right in to the power seat base.
                If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
                [email protected]
                616 four 03 44 0 five
                '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
                "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
                '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.

Comment

• Jfurda
                  230 Tornado
                  • Oct 02, 2017

do you know if the rear corbeau 42" baja bench seat will fit? i have a 79 chief
                  79 CHerokee Chief

Comment

Working...
                  X