• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ne715
    350 Buick
    • Mar 16, 2006

Originally posted by Tinkerjeep
    Mikki (Jeepette) isn't interested in it anymore?
    Mikki is doing her thing in another part of Nebraska and her car is her daily driver. The truck was/is a toy so it stayed here at home. She doesn't have a place to put it if she chose to take it with her. It's better off here, I can keep an eye on it and every once in a while I like to tinker with it. There is still some work that it needs (what FSJ doesn't) and with it here I can work on some of those things when I feel inclined. Plus it's nice to have another pickup around.
    Alan

Comment

• austinaubinoe
      360 AMC
      • Aug 08, 2010

what did you use to weld the floor pans in? Some type of spot weld gun it looks like? I need to do the same on my 55 willys.
      Austin

1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer
      5.9 2bbl-727-NP229-TFI-30x9.5 Firestone M/T's-Brush Guard-tire mount
      SOON: 4350 and cast iron intake

Others:
      -1994 Baby Grand
      -2000 XJ cherokee on Tons
      -1953 REO M35A2 6x6
      -1955 Willys Pickup

Originally posted by rustywagoneers_com
      i am not an addict, i can stop anytime.
      i dont have a problem, you people have the problem.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
        Banned
        • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by ne715
        Mikki is doing her thing in another part of Nebraska and her car is her daily driver. The truck was/is a toy so it stayed here at home. She doesn't have a place to put it if she chose to take it with her. It's better off here, I can keep an eye on it and every once in a while I like to tinker with it. There is still some work that it needs (what FSJ doesn't) and with it here I can work on some of those things when I feel inclined. Plus it's nice to have another pickup around.
        Alan
        Ah...It encouraged me to see your daughter take a real active interest in her Truck. I hope my own (she's 12 now) will follow in Mikki's footsteps and her truckoneer project I'm building doesn't end up being me doing all the work and her apathy ruins the bonding experience.

I hope mikki gets an opportunity to get back to the Jeep and you guys continue to share that common love (?) for a classic and cool 4x4.

Comment

• GM light trucks changed to LH drop after '88 (1 ton changed @'90)
          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• ne715
            350 Buick
            • Mar 16, 2006

Originally posted by austinaubinoe
            what did you use to weld the floor pans in? Some type of spot weld gun it looks like? I need to do the same on my 55 willys.
            I have a 110 v. spool gun. It does pretty good on light steel but wouldn't think about using it on anything needing a real strong weld.

Alan

Comment

• Atla
              258 I6
              • Jun 13, 2012

What did ya'll do to it in Ouray to require such work?
              ~Atla.
              My '83 J-10 Rebuild
              http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

Comment

• ne715
                350 Buick
                • Mar 16, 2006

Originally posted by Atla
                What did ya'll do to it in Ouray to require such work?
                Ouray didn't expose problems, the problems were there prior to that. The leaky main seal needed repaired which led to the "might as well clean it all up and repaint" it while I had the motor out, the transfer case chain was simply needed a new chain deal. I'm not partial to headers so since I was doing the work it went back to stock manifold and that led to the need for new exhaust. Since the spacer plate was missing between the engine and transmission that led to a problem with the starter so it all had to come out anyway. That's what started all the work was the missing plate. One thing led to another.
                Alan

Comment

• Pmoreau
                  232 I6
                  • Jul 14, 2011

Yeah, I hate how that happens.

I just read through the whole thread, I dont think I've ever seen a finished build thread before. Even if you are still working on it.

I like the yellow.

Family vacation to go wheeling...?
                  Paul
                  '70 J4000

Comment

• Atla
                    258 I6
                    • Jun 13, 2012

Did you guys go with the smooth durabak or the stuff with the bumps in it?

Edit - After looking back at the pictures, it's definitely the bumpy Durabak. :P
                    Last edited by Atla; 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM.
                    ~Atla.
                    My '83 J-10 Rebuild
                    http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

Comment

Working...
                    X