• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crow223
    232 I6
    • Aug 15, 2007

Calling ALL QJET Guru's

Hey guys,
    I've been pulling my hair out for the last week over the qjet on my 350 in my J10.
    It runs like a dream once the engine warms up(170-180degrees)
    Before then it's pretty lousy. It runs extremely rich and floods out frequently.
    It has the electric choke, which I'm not sure if it works or not.
    Any ideas?
    I bought a manual choke conversion yesterday and may wind up going that route if I can't get it to run right.
    77 J10 350/700r4/np208, lockrite rear, 3" Rough Country lift,xrc8 winch,33" MTZ's
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'm not a QJet Guru but more of a Hater.. All the years with those on my Cutli' I would most definitely run a manual choke if I had them now. I never could get one of those to ever run right with the auto choke. Reminds me it's time for me to go get the one off the shelf and strike it with a hammer. Hate I tell you...
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• lkmarsh
      350 Buick
      • Nov 21, 2008

Qjets get a bad rap. Yours sounds like it is dialed in except for the choke. It is choking too much. Manual is the way to go. The choke plate should not close completely. Try holding it open about 1/16th of an inch while running cold. The adjustment screw is on the passenger side, at the bottom, pretty well hidden by a vacuum diaphragm. HPBooks has a good reference manual for Qjets for $15-$20. Check your parts store.
      Lyle

Seemed like a good idea at the time...
      69 1414x Wagoneer 350/TH400 DD & Ski Ride
      68 Chevelle wagon 350/BWT50
      68 Impala wagon 327/400
      73 Cougar droptop 351C/FMX Garage Queen
      04 Impala LS - Wife's DD
      73 Wagoneer parts donor

Comment

Working...
      X