• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grand_wag_85
    Murphy's Law Poster Child
    • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by HOOT
    Your welcome at 51.. It's a huge site.

I'll have my f350 and trailer but I'm sure we can squeeze a tent and another J10 in somewhere. I intend to set my tent up on the trailer itself. You are definitely Annie approved.
    Those pesky wiener dogs are going to be next door so be ready for endless wiener jokes all week long
    Thank you! Annie is a good girl. About your tent, wouldn't that qualify as a tent trailer? Well it is 'area 51'
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by grand_wag_85
      Well it is 'area 51'
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
      2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Hutcho
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 22, 2010

OK so I'm sitting here thinking about all the time and money to get my truck ready by Ouray and its not looking to likely...just in case is there somewhere a feller could rent a <gasp>.....baby Jeep?! Would I be shunned from the rest of the group? May have the j10 running but it will be like a Frankenstein version lol
        Formally known as "oilfieldtrash354"

"Grandpas" 1979 J-10 resto/mod-on hold for now

Preparing for Ouray 2013!!!!

Comment

• derf
          360 AMC
          • Jul 12, 2001

They let me tag along in my XJ last time I was there.

There are Jeep rental places in town. Or you can find someone to ride with. I'm sure there will be open seats available.
          Try out my gear ratio calculator

My Jeeps: Truck Norris and Grimm Jeeper

Truck Norris doesn't need a brow. He has fists.

Comment

• will e
            Always Broke
            • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hutcho
            OK so I'm sitting here thinking about all the time and money to get my truck ready by Ouray and its not looking to likely...just in case is there somewhere a feller could rent a <gasp>.....baby Jeep?! Would I be shunned from the rest of the group? May have the j10 running but it will be like a Frankenstein version lol
            Yes but it is pretty expensive. Might be better off renting farther away and driving it to Ouray.
            82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• j10jim
              327 Rambler
              • Jan 11, 2003

You can setup jeep rental through the KOA I think. Frankenstein is OK, that is what mine is. Someday I will sit down and figure out what years all the parts came off of and write it all down....
              1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

If you rent one from Avis or someone like that check what they have and get one with some offroad capabilities. I rented a Durango last time, made the ride from KY nice but totally lacked the umph to get up those mountain sides in places. Later I find out I should of looked for a different model that had the Low range and other goodies, not just a 4 wheel drive grocery getter.

This year my J10 should be there in one form or another.

A few years ago a guy and his wife from PA drove a wagoneer out and literally wheeled it all over the region. Looking at the wag I would of hesitated to leave the drive with it. The rubber rat on the hood was great.

Then there is Sean............. Hood strapped to the roll bar, top cut off and half the Jeep crushed from a prior wreck with a bear..Not to mention an epic trip to even get there from PA.

So don't worry about the looks just make it as reliable as you can. If not there are alot of bunny trails out there as well. Don't ask me how I know
                Tom Gibson
                1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• jsinajeep
                  304 AMC
                  • Nov 26, 2005

[quote=HOOT]If you rent one from Avis or someone like that check what they have and get one with some offroad capabilities. I rented a Durango last time, made the ride from KY nice but totally lacked the umph to get up those mountain sides in places. Later I find out I should of looked for a different model that had the Low range and other goodies, not just a 4 wheel drive grocery getter.

This year my J10 should be there in one form or another.

A few years ago a guy and his wife from PA drove a wagoneer out and literally wheeled it all over the region. Looking at the wag I would of hesitated to leave the drive with it. The rubber rat on the hood was great.

Then there is Sean............. Hood strapped to the roll bar, top cut off and half the Jeep crushed from a prior wreck with a bear..Not to mention an epic trip to even get there from PA.

So don't worry about the looks just make it as reliable as you can. If not there are alot of bunny trails out there as well. Don't ask me how I know[/quote

Yes, but Sean is a different breed. I remember him pulling into the camper ground that year. He has and can do the impossible.
                  http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                    • Dec 03, 2003

[quote=jsinajeep]
                    Originally posted by HOOT
                    Yes, but Sean is a different breed. I remember him pulling into the camper ground that year.
                    I don't think that's easily forgettable

I will have an empty seat in the J10 if you'd like to tag along Hutcho

'82 J10
                    '88 GW
                    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• will e
                      Always Broke
                      • Nov 16, 2001

what year was that? I think I was there. I remember someone showing up on the last day of my first invasion. Jeep all beat to crap.
                      82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• pass45
                        232 I6
                        • Apr 20, 2008

stupid job looks like im out for this year my vacation was not aproved any body want site 48
                        gm 5.3 4l80blackboxnp205 dana 60 yukon zip locker 14 bolt 37/12.5/17 km2s or 39.5 irocks h1 beadlocks= one big money pit

Comment

• jsinajeep
                          304 AMC
                          • Nov 26, 2005

Yes Mike, that was the year. He parked somewhere around campsite 46 when I was talking to him. I was really standing there scratching my head
                          http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• Hutcho
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jun 22, 2010

[QUOTE=grand_wag_85]
                            Originally posted by jsinajeep
                            I don't think that's easily forgettable

I will have an empty seat in the J10 if you'd like to tag along Hutcho
                            I may take ya up on that! Not sure how I'm gonna make it work yet....even if I get it going I only have 2 seats and that's not enough for the wife and boy....plus parents and little brown coming too, so will probably end up with one of them 4 door "wranglers" (makes my skin crawl thinking of being one of "those guys") and hopefully run the j10 also. We will see gotta get my shop up so I can get back to work. Anyone wanna help build a shop? Jeep? LOL!
                            Formally known as "oilfieldtrash354"

"Grandpas" 1979 J-10 resto/mod-on hold for now

Preparing for Ouray 2013!!!!

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                              • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by jsinajeep
                              Yes Mike, that was the year. He parked somewhere around campsite 46 when I was talking to him. I was really standing there scratching my head
                              I can remember looking at your WT camper and being told "NO, you can't have the body!"

'82 J10
                              '88 GW
                              '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                                • Dec 03, 2003

[quote=Hutcho]
                                Originally posted by grand_wag_85

I may take ya up on that! Not sure how I'm gonna make it work yet....even if I get it going I only have 2 seats and that's not enough for the wife and boy....plus parents and little brown coming too, so will probably end up with one of them 4 door "wranglers" (makes my skin crawl thinking of being one of "those guys") and hopefully run the j10 also. We will see gotta get my shop up so I can get back to work. Anyone wanna help build a shop? Jeep? LOL!
                                The 4 door Wranglers are nice for what they are. Might be able to do what HOOT said and rent one elsewhere from Ouray for pretty cheap.

'82 J10
                                '88 GW
                                '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

Working...
                                X