• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    304 AMC
    • Apr 09, 2000

South Central Kentucky Get Together

Last Updated 2012-01-23 8:16pm

Moving the recent discussions from the last get together page http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=145120 to a new topic. We are now focusing on a get together in the Mammoth Cave area. Time is tentatively between end of January and middle of February. More details will be posted as they become available.

Looks as though we are settling on some details:

Date
    February 10-12

Mammoth Cave Area

Attending (please confirm with me when you have time)
    Addicted confirmed
    Retro93 confirmed
    Brown Bear confirmed
    WHSII confirmed, visiting
    Mars unconfirmed
    HOOT confirmed
    OutrageGIS unconfirmed
    sld confirmed, visting

Would love to see some new faces! Email me or PM me if you're interested in being there. Yes, it may be in the winter, but we'll have proper cabins, firepits, and a whole mess of food. Peeing in the woods is optional.
    Last edited by Brown Bear; 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM.
    NathanielButts
    IFSJA Member #18
    RIP-USS Minnow-The three hour tour is over.
    MacGuyver - 1985 Grand Wagoneer
    TFI, Edel Intake, Holley 80457S (yeah, it's shiney), K8600, K&N, Taylor Wires, Ford HD springs, and way freakin' cooooooool
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I sent them an email about the fire.
    This might be a good option.. Pets are allowed and I'm sure there is some sort of fire pit. Still looking for that part. They have tent camping there as well is why I say there must be fire provisions.

<Email Reply>Thank you for contacting Rock Cabin Camping. Yes that is a fire pit in the courtyard near the picnic table. Overall there are 7 fire pits on the cabin side of the property. Cabins 1.2 8 & 9 have their own. Cabins 3 through 7 share three in the courtyard.
    If you have any other questions just give us a call. 270 773-4740

Ralph
    Rock Cabin Camping

If this is a go maybe a couple/three guys can go in on one of the bigger cabins in case we need indoor space. Just a thought. I'll be bringing Annie so I figured on getting a small cabin for us. I don't want to return to the cabin and find Annie doing bad things to John's sweater. I guess she,, .. nevermind. She was all excited to see John today then copped an attitude because we were going through Jeep parts instead of paying attention to her. Thanks for taking those excess parts away. Good way to start a new year for sure.

Time to find out who's in and who's not or maybe you're just on the fence right now. If you think it may happen for you then by all means speak up.

Maybe someone wants to go caving for the day, I can't but don't let that sway your trip. I would like to go to the Cave Center anyway to just see it. Been 27 years since I've been there.
    Maybe you just want to do a swing by visit, that's fine also.

Anybody needing parts? This would be a good time to swap.

Here is an aerial shot of this place. Out in front of the cabins you can see the big circular concrete tables and near them looks to be a fire pit.
    Zoom in on the intersection of route 70 and 255 on Mamonth Cave RD. Right where it makes the 90 degree turn, they sit in that turn..
    http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1C...0CIwBEPIB MAc
    ____
    Last edited by HOOT; 01-15-2012, 03:51 AM.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      304 AMC
      • Apr 09, 2000

I'm good with those dates. Gives me enough time to prepare, plus focus on the next couple of weeks of finding a job. If I'm still DisEmployed at that time, I'll probably come up for all three days. If I'm lucky enough to be making money again, I'll probably only be able to come up Saturday. Be prepared for an early morning phone call, as the ability of my jeep to get there will be seriously up in the air...I'm going to try anyways!
      NathanielButts
      IFSJA Member #18
      TFI, Edel Intake, Holley 80457S (yeah, it's shiney), K8600, K&N, Taylor Wires, Ford HD springs, and way freakin' cooooooool

Comment

• OutrageGIS
        258 I6
        • Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Hoot!

First weekend in February works for me (anything but the weekend of the 18th & 19th in feb works). Thanks again to Hoot for helping me start the new year right! Went up for a visit w/ Annie & Tom and after "mining gold" in his extensive FSJ parts dept, left with many sorely needed parts (Muscle Grill, Headliner for Cherk & PS box to name a few) hopefully the cherk will be there!
        79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Retro93
          Junk Collector
          • Nov 02, 2001

I'm good with those dates. I wonder how many rigs will be there.....hey Nathaniel..do i need to bring my tow chain????
          79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Brown Bear
            304 AMC
            • Apr 09, 2000

Originally posted by Retro93
            I'm good with those dates. I wonder how many rigs will be there.....hey Nathaniel..do i need to bring my tow chain????
            At the moment....yes!
            NathanielButts
            IFSJA Member #18

Comment

• addicted
              Big Meanie
              • Dec 11, 2004

Looks like I might join you wackos for some winter camping. I'll know by the 12th for sure. I know by then i'll need some time away from home.
              Originally posted by Ristow
              i bet it was Simon....
              he's such big meanie that way...
              please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Brown Bear
                304 AMC
                • Apr 09, 2000

Originally posted by addicted
                Looks like I might join you wackos for some winter camping. I'll know by the 12th for sure. I know by then i'll need some time away from home.
                Amen brother, I'm already going stir crazy.
                NathanielButts
                IFSJA Member #18

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Since I will most likely be bringing my F350 , should I bring the car trailer so I can haul one of you guys down. That way I can say I brought a Jeep to a Jeep Event for once.

Or maybe I can haul mine down and we can have a WOT while we are there.
                  Tom Gibson
                  1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                  1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                  1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                  2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• addicted
                    Big Meanie
                    • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by HOOT
                    Yeah, I do enough wrenching in the cold up here. I suggest you save a WOT for the warmer months.
                    i bet it was Simon....

Comment

• Retro93
                      Junk Collector
                      • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by addicted
                      Looking to get out of the GFNW are we???? Why don't you drive the '89 down?
                      Last edited by Retro93; 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM.
                      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• addicted
                        Big Meanie
                        • Dec 11, 2004

Looking to get out of the GFNW are we???? Why don't you drive the '89 down?
                        Yeah I need a break. I might drive it if I still have it. I need to transfer the plates back over to it and put insurance on it. But it should make it with no problems. Might need a battery before then though.
                        i bet it was Simon....

Comment

• Retro93
                          Junk Collector
                          • Nov 02, 2001

It's always something isn't it? I think I need to replace the starter and battery cables in mine. The starter acts like it is getting heat soaked from time to time, making it real difficult to get her to turn over. Now it would be real sad if I had to get towed into the event.

Comment

• addicted
                            Big Meanie
                            • Dec 11, 2004

It's always something isn't it? I think I need to replace the starter and battery cables in mine. The starter acts like it is getting heat soaked from time to time, making it real difficult to get her to turn over. Now it would be real sad if I had to get towed into the event
                            Well you'd be in luck!

Originally posted by HOOT
                            Since I will most likely be bringing my F350 , should I bring the car trailer so I can haul one of you guys down. That way I can say I brought a Jeep to a Jeep Event for once.

i bet it was Simon....

Comment

• Mars
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 24, 2010

If I can make it I'll be jeepless. 3rd and 4th may work for me failing that I might be able to get on of them off.

Mike
                              Wannabe Fabricator
                              Grumpy on a good day.
                              1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                              What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

Working...
                              X