X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadowjeep
    304 AMC
    • Apr 09, 2000

cool, sounds good. i have been wanting to rebuild a 727 that i accidently burned up a while back. that will give me a chance to kill two birds with one tranny.
    Rick C.
    87 GW/360/727/5.22/6.72/46s(ShadowJeep)
    coming soon stak 3 speed, rocks
    www.kymc.org
    shadowjeep
    2003 Chevy Silverado
    "WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"

Comment

• McRoth
      350 Buick
      • Aug 29, 2004

Here they are. I really need to clean up the output shaft & oil it!

Mike

78 WT Cherokee Chief Levis Edition, Rebuilt 401, DUI, Hickey Winch, Headman Headers, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust.
      88 Grand Wagoneer - SOA, D44HD & D60, 203-205 Doubler, Rear Disk Brakes, 36" H1 Double Beadlocks
      02 VW Jetta TDI - DD
      82 Mercedes 300TD

1953 Dodge B4-F 1 1/2 ton stake bed - Restoration Project

Comment

• shadowjeep
        304 AMC
        • Apr 09, 2000

thanks for the pics, that helps a lot when going to the boneyard to find a tranny. what years should i look for on the dodge tranny?

is the dodge 203 the only one that will bolt up to 727? what about the gm 203? or is that the same thing?
        Rick C.
        87 GW/360/727/5.22/6.72/46s(ShadowJeep)
        coming soon stak 3 speed, rocks
        www.kymc.org
        shadowjeep
        2003 Chevy Silverado
        "WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"

Comment

• McRoth
          350 Buick
          • Aug 29, 2004

I believe the mid to late 70's dodge's came with 203's, at least some of them. I got my output shaft from the tranny shop that did my rebuild, you should be able to find one that way too, I'd think. it was on ly $20.
          Yes, the dodge is the only one that will work AFIK.
          Mike

78 WT Cherokee Chief Levis Edition, Rebuilt 401, DUI, Hickey Winch, Headman Headers, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust.
          88 Grand Wagoneer - SOA, D44HD & D60, 203-205 Doubler, Rear Disk Brakes, 36" H1 Double Beadlocks
          02 VW Jetta TDI - DD
          82 Mercedes 300TD

1953 Dodge B4-F 1 1/2 ton stake bed - Restoration Project

Comment

• mark
            304 AMC
            • Jun 14, 2000

is it somehow possible to adapt 2 cases so that i can get a driver side drop?im currently running a t 400 and a 205.just wodering if i could mix things up somehow to get a dr side drop so i can use a hp ford dana 60 with my current chevy setup.
            mark<br />76 cherokee chief<br />chevy 502 t-400 np-205<br />dana 60 front corp 14 bolt rear<br />fiberglass fenders and quarters<br />(ABOVE THE LAW)(AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION)<br /> http://<br />&#91;URL=http://www.fsjworl...91;/URL]<br />

Comment

• Long&Low
              350 Buick
              • Jan 03, 2008

Originally posted by mark
              is it somehow possible to adapt 2 cases so that i can get a driver side drop?im currently running a t 400 and a 205.just wodering if i could mix things up somehow to get a dr side drop so i can use a hp ford dana 60 with my current chevy setup.
              Well, the Ford NP205 is a 32 spline unit if I remember correctly, and it drops down on the driver's side. You'd have to figure how to mate a Ford NP205 to your NP203 of your choosing.

I picked up my adapter from a guy off of Pirate named Dirtybird, his stuff was inexpensive, and he made adapters to fit different 203 range boxes to lots of stuff, even Dana 300's.
              Breakfast amounts to one live toad, I choke that mofo down, and I am rest assured that nothing worse will happen to me for the rest of the day.

CJ truck project
              '18 Jeep Renegade
              '15 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Jul 18, 2003

The ford version has a 31 spline input, and 32 spline outputs. I would call around to the diffrrent doubler kits makers and ask if they make one where you can use a ford 205 with a chevy 203 range box
                79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• mark
                  304 AMC
                  • Jun 14, 2000

thanks for the info!
                  mark<br />76 cherokee chief<br />chevy 502 t-400 np-205<br />dana 60 front corp 14 bolt rear<br />fiberglass fenders and quarters<br />(ABOVE THE LAW)(AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION)<br /> http://<br />&#91;URL=http://www.fsjworl...91;/URL]<br />

Comment

• noflyzone
                    232 I6
                    • Apr 13, 2007

Everytime I read this thread it gets more complicated. I want to do the doubler behind my 727 but it sounds like now I have to swap parts off of a dodge 727 to start with. might as well go Black Box or Klune or just go atlas and be done with it.

Comment

• if you've got the money I would. doublers are for folks on the cheap.
                      Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                      I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                      Originally posted by johnny019
                      I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• noflyzone
                        232 I6
                        • Apr 13, 2007

As broke as we are right now everything is just a dream anyway.

Comment

• Elliott
                          Cowboy Up
                          • Jun 22, 2002

Originally posted by mark
                          NW Fab can match it up for you. Any 203 with any 205 and they probably have other combos.

I finally got mine clocked where I need it. Kind of a bugger to do the clocking when it's installed on a rig but the 3" body lift made things easier. I have it so everything.... everything including the crossmember stuffs up under the frame and I have a cutout to drop the front driveline down through the crossmember.

I don't know about this being cheap, cheaper probably. Where is the challenge of just buying something in a box that takes six bolts to attach? Besides, with the 203/205 you have two places to run a PTO off of.
                          *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                          ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• bigun
                            • Feb 10, 2003

I'll be running a Dodge 203 and a Ford 205 in Crom soon. I got the adaptor from http://www.sumnermachine.com John and his wife were really nice and he started on it as soon as I called, so that when I made the second payment to him he had it boxed and ready to ship!
                            charlie
                            KB0HXA
                            "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                            congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                            How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                            Robert A. Heinlein
                            The birth of CROM is recorded here
                            http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Elliott
                              Cowboy Up
                              • Jun 22, 2002

Glad he's back in gear...

I've got a TH400/203 and a '90 NP205 listed in the forsale section if anyone is interested, also up on ebay. I can work it to piecemeal it depending on what someone might need.
                              *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                              ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Elliott
                                Cowboy Up
                                • Jun 22, 2002

I've updated all the dead pic links in my posts. Now, who's put a GM NV4500 to a 203 range box?

I've mated one to a GM six bolt NP205 with some clearancing and a short input (as posted in my dually thread at: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=83955 ) so wouldn't this work the same as how I studded the GM NP203 case to match up with the Ford NP435 I did earlier?

Comment

Working...
                                X