• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'm open any weekend.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Retro93
      Junk Collector
      • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by Ristow
      how cold is too cold in kentucky? c'mon,i need a laugh here....
      Any temp below 70 degrees.

It look's like the weekend of 17-20th is best for me due to some issues that have reared their ugly head.
      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• blazer3664
        350 Buick
        • Mar 08, 2009

Works for me.

About whats the time frame to show up Friday?

I'll just plan on bringing basic hand tool set unless you think of anything specific. I have all the pulley pullers, vac gauge, and all kinds of other "specialty" stuff if you need anything, just let me know.

I will bring my box of misc. automotive clips/screws/springs/odds+ends. Never fails we'll need some stupid little ????

Jim
        modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
        LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
        SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
        H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
        custom shackle flip
        W/F150 springs
        -----Coming Soon-----
        snorkels,
        OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

So did you find a spring pack and tailgate yet?

I'll most likely head down right after work Thursday, grab the dog and go. I should be at your place around dawn Friday. Throw a rock at my truck and wake me up at NOON-ish Friday. I'll be able to stay until Monday Noon-ish.

This is about to be the best MWI yet ... woooohooooo..!!!!!!
          Last edited by HOOT; 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM.
          Tom Gibson
          1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
          1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Retro93
            Junk Collector
            • Nov 02, 2001

I have part of a spring pack. For the short term I plan to use a stock main spring combined with the Skyjacker secondaries. It will be interesting to see how much lift I get with that setup.

No good tailgate yet. I have the one that is currently on the '78, but it is a case in rust. One will turn up.
            79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I have a shackle flip relocation kit and large perches for a SOA from TT's Fabworks. I got it for my 78 Chero and sold it before using it.

Sell it to you for cheap.
              I'd save it for this waggy I may be trading for but it is for the mid 70's Chero's and Waggys. There was a change in something around 1980 that made this kit be slightly different to work.
              I'd have to talk to Tad about it. Or maybe open it up I bet it has instructions in it also. All I know is it is a heavy box of something taking up room and it needs to go wheeling. .
              Tom Gibson

Comment

• addicted
                Big Meanie
                • Dec 11, 2004

I'm gonna have to sit this one out guys. Unfortunately I way too much going on here to spend the weekend with a bunch of greasy, smelly Jeep guys. Doing what we greasy, smelly Jeep guys do.
                Originally posted by Ristow
                i bet it was Simon....
                he's such big meanie that way...
                please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Retro93
                  Junk Collector
                  • Nov 02, 2001

Addicted.....that sucks... I was looking forward to seeing you again.

I looked at the '78s tailgate last and I think it is usable for now....a little patch here....a little patch there....some paint...good to go. Now if the glass lifter bar in the '79 is intact I'll be styling.

I tried to pry the gate on the '79 last night...no go.... I going to have to use the blue wrench on it. With my luck I'll set the thing on fire.

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                    King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

What the address or directions to Restros place?
                    Bryan Smith
                    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                    - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
                    1986 Jeep J20
                    - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
                    1982 Jeep J10
                    - Has become a Long Term Project.
                    1981 Jeep J20
                    - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
                    1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
                    - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
                    ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
                    Originally posted by Lindel
                    Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Retro93
                      Addicted.....that sucks... I was looking forward to seeing you again.

I looked at the '78s tailgate last and I think it is usable for now....a little patch here....a little patch there....some paint...good to go. Now if the glass lifter bar in the '79 is intact I'll be styling.

I tried to pry the gate on the '79 last night...no go.... I going to have to use the blue wrench on it. With my luck I'll set the thing on fire.
                      Are you marinating the bolts with PB Blaster??
                      What size hardware do we risk destroying that would need replaced? I have lots of stuff here but not all together, I need to narrow down what I bring.

Simon it sucks you not making it. You may be missing history in the making here. For the first time in 11 years I should have a Jeep at a Jeep meet one way or another.
                      Tom Gibson

Comment

• blazer3664
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 08, 2009

Now if the glass lifter bar in the '79 is intact I'll be styling.
                        If you are talking about the one attached to the bottom of the glass, I have 1. Been awhile since I looked at it, so I wont guarantee its in perfect shape, but it should be usable.
                        It is still on the glass, both yours if you need it.

If needed I can bring the plasma along, maybe we can shave things out w/o a BBQ. Hmmm......but if you have everything you need off it, BBQ may be interesting...
                        Runs on 110/220 either or. Just a bit more limited on 110.

Let me know.

Jim
                        SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                        custom shackle flip
                        W/F150 springs
                        -----Coming Soon-----
                        snorkels,
                        OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• Retro93
                          Junk Collector
                          • Nov 02, 2001

I'm blasting the ones that I know could be a problem..namely the passenger side exhaust bolts...where they go from the manifold to the head pipe. Other than that I don't think we'll have a problem...SOCAL rig that has never seen salt.

Did you say that you were driving a Jeep to the meet? Which one do you have up and running?

Comment

• Retro93
                            Junk Collector
                            • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by blazer3664
                            If you are talking about the one attached to the bottom of the glass, I have 1. Been awhile since I looked at it, so I wont guarantee its in perfect shape, but it should be usable.
                            It is still on the glass, both yours if you need it.

If needed I can bring the plasma along, maybe we can shave things out w/o a BBQ. Hmmm......but if you have everything you need off it, BBQ may be interesting...
                            Runs on 110/220 either or. Just a bit more limited on 110.

Let me know.

Jim
                            Jim
                            Outstanding on the track and glass! Thank you so much!

Why don't you bring your plasma... I'd like to see one in action.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I have a heavy duty 220 extension cord for my Hobart. It uses standard dryer type outlet. The guy I bought the welder from ran it from the house out across the driveway into the barn to build a roll cage. Said it did great. I can bring that down if we need it to get 220 out to Plasma this Jeep up.
                              Tom Gibson

Comment

• blazer3664
                                350 Buick
                                • Mar 08, 2009

Did you say that you were driving a Jeep to the meet? Which one do you have up and running?
                                Unfortunately mine is not drivable yet, I will be in my Cheby.

Jim
                                Outstanding on the track and glass! Thank you so much!

Why don't you bring your plasma... I'd like to see one in action.
                                Will do, its just one of those Longevity 3-n-1 jobbies, but it cuts pretty good.

The glass is just sitting in my shop anyway, better somebody use it before it gets broke out there.

Jim
                                SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                                custom shackle flip
                                W/F150 springs
                                -----Coming Soon-----
                                snorkels,
                                OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

Working...
                                X