• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaggywaggy88
    258 I6
    • Feb 22, 2011

Originally posted by thatguy
    Hey Shaggy, can you still run shoe creek from the top side down from crabtree falls? If so, there is plenty of camping there. Even have cabins for rent. I dont see any stock rigs making that trip though, but its been a long time since Ive been through it. I just want to see some other FSJs!
    You can run top to bottom or bottom to top, both ways are fun. I agree stock Wagoneers would have axle/rocker/bumper clearance issues with rocks. 31s and 4" or lift is about the minimum you need to get through the trail without any scraping or grinding on rocks. Its a really fun trail and anyone looking to get your feet wet in 4x4, this would be the perfect place to go on a challenging trail ride (challenging for me). Crabtree falls has camping, there is camping on the trail, im not sure about cabins but since we are planning ahead, anyone interested in a cabin could call ahead and rent one if they didnt feel up for camping. I dont know about yall but Shoe Creek/ Crabtree Falls is sounding better and better
    88 Grand Wag:
    Razor Grille
    Rusty's 4" spring lift
    BJs HD 1" shackles
    31" M/Ts
    Holley 4160, 600cfm
    T.F.I.
    Warn Hubs
    SOLID Diff cover
    999 X-member/T-case Skid
    Rag joint delete

Comment

• chris_N_NC
      232 I6
      • Feb 16, 2008

This sounds like a fun trip, but I can't commit just yet..... I'm still on deployment and need to bounce this off my wife and make sure she doesn't have other plans. I think I can convince her to let me take the boys for the weekend. The time frame sounds good to me and if I can make it I'll be in for camping as well.
      Haven't had my jeep on any trails to speak of.... just a little mud and beach driving. Should be interesting
      I'll post up again once I get back and discuss with the family.
      ,Chris
      1987 Grand Wagoneer w/401 (.030 over) summit 8600, performer intake w/ a Holley, Mallory 85 HEI. TF727(lock-up)/229 with 3.73's. 33X12.50 Duratracs on 15" rims. 3"BL + 3" Rough Country springs. ,Chris

Comment

• paddyp
        304 AMC
        • Jan 07, 2003

Is there camping close by with RV spots? Hook-ups would be nice, but not necessary. If no RV parking, I can bring the tent also. Either way, wheeling would be great.
        78 Wagoneer "Trusty Rusty"
        360/TH400/Part-Time QT/ D44 Locked Front/Welded Rear/31x10.50x15 BFG M/T
        Soon to come: 4.09 gears, SOA/shackle flip, 33x12.50x15 Swamper TSLs

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
          258 I6
          • Feb 22, 2011

Shoe Creek April 28-29 camping/wheeling/meet and greet.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

Bring your FSJs, Family, Friends, Tents, Campers,Grills and lets have a good time. Im going to start a planning/Info thread in the events section, join in and lets try to work out some of the potential "fun killers". Not enough food, drinks, fire wood, ect...

any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys for all the great input and getting it this far.
          88 Grand Wag:
          Razor Grille
          Rusty's 4" spring lift
          BJs HD 1" shackles
          31" M/Ts
          Holley 4160, 600cfm
          T.F.I.
          Warn Hubs
          SOLID Diff cover
          999 X-member/T-case Skid
          Rag joint delete

Comment

• capdaddy222
            258 I6
            • Aug 16, 2008

i know this threads dead... but i missed the meet and greet. does anyone want to meet up for a day run on Sat May 26th at Shoe Creek? I may not bring the wagoneer but i will be out on the trail for an exploratory trip (FJ Cruiser). oh and i was at shoe creek coming from the top down last week. it was much eroded and there were some spots that gave me pause even coming down hill. just a heads up.

capdaddy
            Last edited by capdaddy222; 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM.
            86 Grand Wagoneer Work in Progress
            360 Toasted TF727 NP228
            4" Lift
            33x12.5x15" tires
            "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• sXeMike
              232 I6
              • Sep 21, 2010

My band is playing a cancer benefit show in Charlottesville at the Elks lodge from 4-8 Saturday.

I can't do the wheelin trip but if you want to stop by on the way home, I should have the Cherokee with me.

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
                258 I6
                • Feb 22, 2011

everyone bailed on the M&G once i moved it to events and attempted to organize everything. One member showed interest and he was from NC. Its a shame all these people say " yeah Ill be there" but when it comes down to it no one gets off the couch. I learned my lesson about trying to plan anything on this site in the VA area

Good to know shoe creek is getting washed out. Maybe it will be challenging now!
                88 Grand Wag:
                Razor Grille
                Rusty's 4" spring lift
                BJs HD 1" shackles
                31" M/Ts
                Holley 4160, 600cfm
                T.F.I.
                Warn Hubs
                SOLID Diff cover
                999 X-member/T-case Skid
                Rag joint delete

Comment

• draco9936
                  232 I6
                  • Feb 06, 2006

OK I missed this post, but somebody email me for the next get together. I'm IN..
                  [email protected]

Originally posted by Chris R
                  I vote for 4-28...
                  "Never Allow The Thing That Means The Most, Be At The Mercy,Of The Thing That Means The LEAST...."

Comment

• chris_N_NC
                    232 I6
                    • Feb 16, 2008

For anyone interested....
                    I ended up making the trip from Currituck, NC. Stayed at the crabtree campground. When I checked in the owner came out and was all over my jeep. He was a huge fan of FSJ's and proceeded to tell me all about the shoecreek trails and many other spin offs in the national forest. He had hosted some factory Jeep weekends in the past..... was very familiar with Jeep history.
                    I was by myself and had two of my kids with me so I didn't venture off the shoe creek trail but definetly had a blast, although I didn't see any other FSJ's.
                    All in all a great weekend, Jeep ran well, kids had fun. I'm up for another trip up there. Just let me know when. ,Chris
                    1987 Grand Wagoneer w/401 (.030 over) summit 8600, performer intake w/ a Holley, Mallory 85 HEI. TF727(lock-up)/229 with 3.73's. 33X12.50 Duratracs on 15" rims. 3"BL + 3" Rough Country springs. ,Chris

Comment

• capdaddy222
                      258 I6
                      • Aug 16, 2008

Does anyone want to get together for a trail ride Sat. 6/23? I was thinking shoe creek, but would be up for any other decent rides, like GWNF to Flagpole run.
                      86 Grand Wagoneer Work in Progress
                      360 Toasted TF727 NP228
                      4" Lift
                      33x12.5x15" tires
                      "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• nc wagoneer
                        350 Buick
                        • May 08, 2012

I'm deeply sorry you guys the second choice had not been picked and I haven't had a good laugh all day I by no means hate fsj's in any way
                        old blue-79 jeep wagoneer 360 Quadra Trac (soon to be for sale )
                        Name TBA: 77 j20 D60/d44 360/t15 with flatbed (new toy)
                        "BROWED AND PROUD"
                        Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                        Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial.

Comment

Working...
                        X