• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaggywaggy88
    258 I6
    • Feb 22, 2011

VA Meet & Greet

Calling all Virginia FSJeepers! Lets get together and have a meet and greet. Im fairly new to this site but Ive been around for about a year and I have noticed a lack of activity in the state of Virginia. Judging by the recent posts I notice there is no shortage of VA members here on IFSJA. The numbers are here we just need to get together and share the passion of FSJs. This is a poll to see who all would be interested in a VA meet and greet. If this poll gets a good response I will follow it up with a poll to determine the best time of year in 2012 to plan the event. Thanks for reading and I really hope this gets a warm response. I hope to Meet you all Very soon!
    I would love to meet other VA FSJeepers and share my passion with fellow IFSJA members.
    0%
    No Way! I want to make sure VA is the first state in the union to outlaw FSJs.
    0%
    88 Grand Wag:
    Razor Grille
    Rusty's 4" spring lift
    BJs HD 1" shackles
    31" M/Ts
    Holley 4160, 600cfm
    T.F.I.
    Warn Hubs
    SOLID Diff cover
    999 X-member/T-case Skid
    Rag joint delete
  • kiharaikido
    232 I6
    • May 04, 2011

I'm not a VA fsj'er but I would attend assuming it was held closer to Lynchburg than DC.

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
      258 I6
      • Feb 22, 2011

I would like to get the interest up first. After I know that some people are behind this then we can pick a meeting place and date/time. The poll has been up for a few days and so far its just me and a guy from NC. Not a good look for VA
      88 Grand Wag:
      Razor Grille
      Rusty's 4" spring lift
      BJs HD 1" shackles
      31" M/Ts
      Holley 4160, 600cfm
      T.F.I.
      Warn Hubs
      SOLID Diff cover
      999 X-member/T-case Skid
      Rag joint delete

Comment

Originally posted by kiharaikido
        I'm not a VA fsj'er but I would attend assuming it was held closer to Lynchburg than DC.
        I think we were looking at the Richmond area which is not bad from DC, hour & fourty five minutes or so. LOL may be a small group. Im definatly interested though. If I EVER get my jeep working that is.

Comment

• draglink
          350 Buick
          • Aug 17, 2008

Count me in
          '86 GW 6" Rustys, 1 1/2" BJs shackles, 33 BFGs

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
            258 I6
            • Feb 22, 2011

I think Richmond would be the most logical place to hold a meet and greet in VA. When to have the event is the real question. I think sometime in the spring would be good because its only 6 months away but that is plenty of time to wrangle up some members and nail down a hard date. What do you guys think? is the spring of 2012 a reasonable time frame to start with?
            88 Grand Wag:
            Razor Grille
            Rusty's 4" spring lift
            BJs HD 1" shackles
            31" M/Ts
            Holley 4160, 600cfm
            T.F.I.
            Warn Hubs
            SOLID Diff cover
            999 X-member/T-case Skid
            Rag joint delete

Comment

• Chris R
              232 I6
              • Jul 04, 2008

Count me in. I live in SW VA but only three hours to Richmond. Another option would be Nelson County just south of Charlottesville. My family and i camp there often. There is a tiny town on top of a mountain called Montebello. They have a campground there that is top notch!
              Ready to truly get away from it all? We welcome you to unplug, unwind, and relax at Montebello Resort. Rental Cabins, Camping, Fishing, and a Country Store are all available at our mountain top resort.

From this campground there is a trail called Shoe Creek. Great trail for FSJ in my opinion....just a thought.

Yes spring time is best at this point.

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
                258 I6
                • Feb 22, 2011

Originally posted by Chris R
                Count me in. I live in SW VA but only three hours to Richmond. Another option would be Nelson County just south of Charlottesville. My family and i camp there often. There is a tiny town on top of a mountain called Montebello. They have a campground there that is top notch!
                Ready to truly get away from it all? We welcome you to unplug, unwind, and relax at Montebello Resort. Rental Cabins, Camping, Fishing, and a Country Store are all available at our mountain top resort.

From this campground there is a trail called Shoe Creek. Great trail for FSJ in my opinion....just a thought.

Yes spring time is best at this point.
                I am a member of a local 4x4 club in Lynchburg, the club runs shoe creek every other month or so. Im interested in organizing some wheeling trips and trail rides but I think a meet and greet would be more appropriate for the first FSJ get together in VA. If you are interested in getting in on an upcoming wheeling trip with myself and a few local buddies shoot me a PM and ill keep you posted. I would love to see more FSJs out on the trail!!
                88 Grand Wag:
                Razor Grille
                Rusty's 4" spring lift
                BJs HD 1" shackles
                31" M/Ts
                Holley 4160, 600cfm
                T.F.I.
                Warn Hubs
                SOLID Diff cover
                999 X-member/T-case Skid
                Rag joint delete

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
                  258 I6
                  • Feb 22, 2011

9 people interested so far. Whats do you guys think about the spring of 2012? someone needs to throw a good month out there, or does it need to go to poll. Im leaning towards April but I would like more input before trying to narrow it down that much.
                  88 Grand Wag:
                  Razor Grille
                  Rusty's 4" spring lift
                  BJs HD 1" shackles
                  31" M/Ts
                  Holley 4160, 600cfm
                  T.F.I.
                  Warn Hubs
                  SOLID Diff cover
                  999 X-member/T-case Skid
                  Rag joint delete

Comment

• Chris R
                    232 I6
                    • Jul 04, 2008

All for Apriil as well. Daylight savings time, days are longer and warmer...

Thanks also for the shoe creek invite. Yeah I guess a meet and greet is probably not the best for first timers but the location is still good I think, and if we had a couple that did want to wheel we could...

Baby steps though...let's set a date first.

Comment

• rebeljeep
                      232 I6
                      • Sep 25, 2003

I'm game! Saturdays are good for me. I have no season preference.
                      Jared Jeepin 4 JC

1984 Jeep J10 360, transgo/cummins internals/lockup 727, 208 gone through
                      35" Maxxis Buckshot
                      6" BJ's lift, Rear Dozer II, weekend warrior
                      Working swapped in Air Conditioning

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0/Aw4/np231
                      all stock 245k + and counting miles, daily driver

http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww354/rebeljeep/

Comment

• capdaddy222
                        258 I6
                        • Aug 16, 2008

well my GW may not be on the road (and i may end up driving my FJ cruiser), but i vote for somewhere in central VA, crabtree falls or crozet...

Crabtree is closest to everyone by virtue of being right smack dab in the middle of the state.

Picking location by virtue of least mean distance worked for Jefferson placing the UVA, why wouldnt it work for our IFSJA, VA meet and greet?

Also why wait till spring? we have the best weather of the year right now.

capdaddy
                        86 Grand Wagoneer Work in Progress
                        360 Toasted TF727 NP228
                        4" Lift
                        33x12.5x15" tires
                        "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• shaggywaggy88
                          258 I6
                          • Feb 22, 2011

Originally posted by capdaddy222
                          well my GW may not be on the road (and i may end up driving my FJ cruiser), but i vote for somewhere in central VA, crabtree falls or crozet...

Crabtree is closest to everyone by virtue of being right smack dab in the middle of the state.

Picking location by virtue of least mean distance worked for Jefferson placing the UVA, why wouldnt it work for our IFSJA, VA meet and greet?

Also why wait till spring? we have the best weather of the year right now.

capdaddy
                          I understand your reasoning on the location of the meet and greet. As for the timing, waiting till spring will give everyone time to plan ahead. Im open to meet at shoe creek or crozet. its up to yall
                          88 Grand Wag:
                          Razor Grille
                          Rusty's 4" spring lift
                          BJs HD 1" shackles
                          31" M/Ts
                          Holley 4160, 600cfm
                          T.F.I.
                          Warn Hubs
                          SOLID Diff cover
                          999 X-member/T-case Skid
                          Rag joint delete

Comment

• paddyp
                            304 AMC
                            • Jan 07, 2003

Count me in, I'm pretty flexible with times and locations. I would love to meet somewhere that has some wheeling.
                            78 Wagoneer "Trusty Rusty"
                            360/TH400/Part-Time QT/ D44 Locked Front/Welded Rear/31x10.50x15 BFG M/T
                            Soon to come: 4.09 gears, SOA/shackle flip, 33x12.50x15 Swamper TSLs

Comment

• Chris R
                              232 I6
                              • Jul 04, 2008

I cannot do it right now as I have three boys and our calendar is already full with Boy Scout and sports activities til Thanksgiving.
                              So I see Crabtree Falls/Shoe Creek and Montebello is only three miles from Crabtree. What I can do is contact both Crabtree and Montebello once we have a date set and see about getting a group rate.

I like Montebello over Crabtree in that there is much more room as far as camping and trailering if that is an option for some jeepers. Also Montebello has gas

Comment

Working...
                              X