X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kickinit
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 09, 2012

How often do you guys have these events? I am in Tempe and just recently bought a '78 Cherokee Chief that needs some work. The interior work etc I can handle but am somewhat new to the mechanical side and working on engines etc. I would like to meet some people who can give us advice, tips etc on working on these beasts. I would like learn how to do the work rather than dropping it off at a mechanic!

Comment

• jaber
      Dragin Az
      • Oct 17, 2003

Originally posted by Kickinit
      How often do you guys have these events? I am in Tempe and just recently bought a '78 Cherokee Chief that needs some work. The interior work etc I can handle but am somewhat new to the mechanical side and working on engines etc. I would like to meet some people who can give us advice, tips etc on working on these beasts. I would like learn how to do the work rather than dropping it off at a mechanic!
      Welcome to the land of empty pockets and unfinished projects...

I'm just North of you in the Prescott area. The Az club tries to get together about 1-2 times a year for a BBQ, and for a while were doing monthly trails. With the economy and that 1/2 our members went to Ouray, we havent done much. Keep an eye here and they post up trail rides in this section. Any questions you have can and will be answered in the forums here. With the support here, you'll know that thing inside and out in no time...
      Jeff

'43 cj2a
      '51 Willys p/u
      '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
      '68 Panel Delivery
      '74 CJ5
      '75 J-20 Wrecker
      '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
      '77 J-10 p/u
      '79 Cherokee
      '88 Grand Wagoneer
      '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• blkwarrior
        327 Rambler
        • Feb 15, 2010

Welcome to the condition that has yet to be clinically recognized. There is many of us here that are not very mechanically inclined but help is just a keyboard of phone away. As Jaber said some are coming back from Colorado no but look out for the week before thanksgiving, should be a good one then lots of food and fun to be had.
        1984 GW
        360/727/208/ Edl 1406/ Custom exhaust

Future
        Something Sweet with mean capabilities .

Comment

• 78 Arizona Chief
          327 Rambler
          • Jan 06, 2004

Kickinit,
          welcome from Gilbert. Not that I am biased or anything but great choice on year and model. I would be glad to help you along with it. What kind of history came with it? I assume auto and quadratrac... would love to see pictures too. I should be having a bbq get together here as soon as it cools down a little more. Keep an eye here or in the events section...
          Kevin
          \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• Locked and Loaded
            350 Buick
            • Jul 04, 2006

It's always a good time at Kevins.
            Jeff

Drink more water.

"Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.
            But it's free"
            Kris Kristofferson 1970

1981 J10, 258, T176, NP208

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

It's snowing today and I am having grateful flashbacks to this weekend.

Flint
              Ran when parked.
              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• blkwarrior
                327 Rambler
                • Feb 15, 2010

Well it is about that time to start thinking about doing the M&G. But it is cold here with a little white stuff sitting up high on the rocks.
                1984 GW
                360/727/208/ Edl 1406/ Custom exhaust

Future
                Something Sweet with mean capabilities .

Comment

• smittles
                  230 Tornado
                  • Jan 24, 2011

We moved to north east corner of Sky Harbor back in November. We transplanted from north San Diego with a 66 Chevy panel truck and a 67 Gladiator. We recently traded our Gladiator to his new owner in Miami, AZ. We now own a 64 panel Wagoneer. I am looking forward to the next M&G. I know I timed our move well since the real heat was over and the real cold doesn't hit for another week or few. Please post as soon as possible for the next party. I look forward to meeting any and all who attend. (Assuming I make it, too.)
                  Smittles

'Max' 1964 Panel Wag 230/T90
                  1946 Willys CJ? "Hurricane"/3spd (T90?)
                  1979 Jeep CJ7 V8 (304?)/3spd (if no one else claims it)
                  '05 WK blue lawn ornament
                  '05 WK silver lawn ornament
                  '08 Patriot silver lawn ornament.

Comment

Working...
                  X