X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

2014 fall meet.. thoughts...

How about it guys? Just thought I'd start a thread here to get the ball rolling. Been some chatter on the regional boards. So far it looks like we have some MO people on board for a meet. I'm all up for heading a little west and north.
    Maybe something in IL. Maybe Springfield area say around labor day weekend.. There is some killer motorcycle racing that goes on there that weekend. Maybe I could ditch the pooch for the weekend.

There is also Cordova. Maybe catch some of are AMC buddies drag racing there. I have seen alot of their videos at the Riga Dust off Meet. Seeing them live would be a cool weekend meet. I don't know much details for that one but someone does I'm sure.

I'd also like to see that Forever Tron thing up in WI.

Or we could meet up here at the house and build my shed or better yet see if we could build a whole FSJ out of the stuff in my garage in a weekend. I'm not counting the 2 trucks I have here as parts either.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • j2sax
    350 Buick
    • Mar 20, 2003

SMORR.net for meet!

Yeah, I know, been said before, but I think we would have a good time at SMORR for a weekend. (smorr.net and on FaceBook)

> Great camping/shower facilites
    > FSJ friendly trails
    > ridiculous trails for the brave
    > obstacles to watch others destroy their rigs on!
    > 1/2 hour from original Bass Pro
    > 45 min from Branson
    > 20 Min from Springfield, MO
    The best breakfast buffet ever is at Hemingways in the Bass Pro Shop... would be cool to take a couple of vehicles "into town"

That being said, I already have my room reserved for Cordova! Always a great time reuniting with friends and watching some old AMC iron hit the track... seen several Wagoneers on the 1/4 mile there as well!
    Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Jjkage84
      327 Rambler
      • May 18, 2011

I'm definitely game for a fall meet N greet. The wagoneer will be running and licensed by then and would be a blast to take it camping.

Let me know on some weekend ideas.
      1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=141075

www.youtube.com/JeepKage101

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

When is Cordova?

SMORR definitely sounds like a plan as well. I had already forgot about that.
        Post a link here for there. Then all others can check it out easier.
        I think we could get a big turn out there because of the location.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
        2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• mrtazwrench
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Nov 10, 2001

I was trying to get some closer to me people to the Mopar show this spring without much success, but I did take a 1st in the pre Mopar Jeep class since there was not much competition. I'm not sure I'd make IL or MO but maybe parts of IA or WI, I may make Ouray again in '15. This might be something to think about, 4 hour drive for me, and if Bill from Austin, MN is watching this thread he usually goes anyway it would be nice to have some FSJ's show.

Chad
          "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
          https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
          88Wag
          87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
          83Cherokee WT
          82J20
          Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• j2sax
            350 Buick
            • Mar 20, 2003

Cordova is Sept 5-7... Rich and Del and I normally get there on Thursday with a bunch of other AMC faithfuls! It is a great time.
            Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Jjkage84
              327 Rambler
              • May 18, 2011

What's Cordova?
              1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• j2sax
                350 Buick
                • Mar 20, 2003

NAMDRA All AMC Drag Race... Lots if info on the web... You should join us!

Comment

• Jjkage84
                  327 Rambler
                  • May 18, 2011

I'll have to look into it!
                  1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• j2sax
                    350 Buick
                    • Mar 20, 2003

What date range for SMORR(.net)

So since we are talking about a fall meet any date ranges... are we talking about October? Earliest I could do is late September... this is going to be great...

check out the website or look on you tube to see the facilities!

Comment

• Scottb64
                      230 Tornado
                      • Mar 10, 2014

Originally posted by HOOT
                      How about it guys? Just thought I'd start a thread here to get the ball rolling. Been some chatter on the regional boards. So far it looks like we have some MO people on board for a meet. I'm all up for heading a little west and north.
                      Maybe something in IL. Maybe Springfield area say around labor day weekend.. There is some killer motorcycle racing that goes on there that weekend. Maybe I could ditch the pooch for the weekend.

There is also Cordova. Maybe catch some of are AMC buddies drag racing there. I have seen alot of their videos at the Riga Dust off Meet. Seeing them live would be a cool weekend meet. I don't know much details for that one but someone does I'm sure.

I'd also like to see that Forever Tron thing up in WI.

Or we could meet up here at the house and build my shed or better yet see if we could build a whole FSJ out of the stuff in my garage in a weekend. I'm not counting the 2 trucks I have here as parts either.
                      I would be up for a ride in Illinois! I live in Effingham so I'm pretty centrally located. Springfield in a couple of hours away. I hate to get too far away from home with my GW as I am still working a few bugs out of it. I did see the post about SMORR and agree that it would be a great place for a ride. My son and I went on the Jeep Jamboree there this spring and it was awesome!

Comment

• j2sax
                        350 Buick
                        • Mar 20, 2003

Good weekends for SMORR

Well guys, here are a couple of options for a SMORR weekend!

Jesse I would suggest the first weekend or the third weekend of October. Both those weekends/events have great turn outs!! thanks for the recommendation!!

This from the owner of SMORR? What do you guy think? Let's start grinding out some details!

Who's up for October 4th

Who's up for October 18th

What other dates might be preferred?

There are a few other "event" weekends as well that are later, but I figured with the Holidays that might be difficult.

Comment

• Scottb64
                          230 Tornado
                          • Mar 10, 2014

I would prefer October 4th weekend. I have an event for work close to the 18th so I am not sure I could make that one.

Comment

• j2sax
                            350 Buick
                            • Mar 20, 2003

2 votes for October 4th at SMORR! Hoot?

Originally posted by Scottb64
                            I would prefer October 4th weekend. I have an event for work close to the 18th so I am not sure I could make that one.
                            Let's keep it rolling!

What do you think Hoot?

Comment

• Scottb64
                              230 Tornado
                              • Mar 10, 2014

Not seeing too much interest to the SMORR weekend in October? I would love to go so I hope we can make this work. It is quite a drive for me mileage wise but it is easy highway miles so I plan to go the weekend of October 4th. Hope this works out! Starting to really get into the FSJ scene.

I have had four offers on my Waggy in the last two days! Beginning to think I have an awesome ride! Turned all of the offers down even though one was for three times what I bought it for....

Comment

Working...
                              X