• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metal Twister
    350 Buick
    • Oct 20, 2008

Looking for San Diego FSJ'rs ...

There's a group of 10 San Diego FSJ'ers that have found each other. We get together from time to time to wrench, wheel, and encourage each other to work through our FSJ issues. A kind of support team I guess? LOL If you are in the greater San Diego area and would like to get involved with others that feel your pain, we would like to hear from you. Shoot Chief Gunner or Myself a P.M. and we will let ya know where and when the next get together is going to be and what we are going to be doing.

• Chief Gunner
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 10, 2006

To second what Metal Twister is saying, SOCAL has quite a bit to offer, and some FSJ support is a great way to enjoy all SOCAL is offering. Let us know where your at, and lets build a solid FSJ presence in Southern California.
    The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
    Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
    WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• Metal Twister
      350 Buick
      • Oct 20, 2008

Hey Chief I was thinking of a San Diego FSJ Caravan to the TDS Desert Safari might be cool. Spend a day or what ever?

REGISTER FOR 2024 TRAIL RUN HERE Contact Us 2024 Sponsors Visit our Friends

Comment

• Chief Gunner
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 10, 2006

That sounds doable. Just have to finish my lift. That will gie me some motivation.
        The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
        Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
        WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• suzq044
          304 AMC
          • Dec 23, 2008

Cool. Maybe we'll shoot up there Sunday. Dunno which Jeep though.

Actually, probably not, cause there's nothing of interest going on Sunday. lol
          Last edited by suzq044; 02-28-2010, 01:53 AM.
          Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
          Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• CarlBraun
            232 I6
            • Oct 24, 2009

Hello from Fallbrook

hello

I am fairly new to the forum but would be willing to join in on a get together. I have a 1980 Wagoneer 360 and a 1965 Wagoneer 230 and am located in the north county in Fallbrook.

Let me know when the next meeting of the minds would be and I'll be sure to be there

Carl
            Carl

1963 Wagoneer 230/BW Auto
            1965 Riviera Gran Sport 425 2x4bbl

Comment

• moorehouse77
              258 I6
              • Oct 24, 2006

There can't be only 5 FSJ's in San Diego.

Dave.
              1977 Waggy, 401, Holley Truck Avenger 670(for now), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.5's, MM part time conversion
              www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• wag4x6
                258 I6
                • Feb 15, 2010

HEY, I'm here too.......CarlBraun, there is a veried group going to Borrego on May 29 for an all day run. There will be at least 4 Waggys going. We are meeting at Christmas Circle at 9ish am. It would be great to have another Wag with us!
                More info here http://www.socalultimate4x4.com/inde...ic,3268.0.html
                89 Grand Waggy, freshened up 360, 727, NP229, SOA/SF, highsteer w/ chevy knuckles, Dana 44's f/r, 35" Maxxis Big Horns, some rock rash and more to come....

R.I.P 87 Waggy

www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• 71wagone
                  230 Tornado
                  • Apr 22, 2010

Whats up guys? My name is Lo and im located in El Centro in the Imperial Valley. Were currently building our wagoneer, its a 71' with a 360 gonna be getting a 6" lift. Do you guys ever go cruising out at Superstition Mountains? When the season hits ill be down to go for a cruise. If the wagon isnt ready ill cruise in my truck. I just like meeting new people to go wheelin especially in a FSJ Mob! That would be awesome!

Comment

• Metal Twister
                    350 Buick
                    • Oct 20, 2008

Welcome to the band of 10... Look forward to seeing what your up to on the rig so post some pics!!!! Sent ya a P.M.

Comment

• moorehouse77
                      258 I6
                      • Oct 24, 2006

Took my wagon out to Superstition last season...

OOOOPS!!!!

dave.
                      1977 Waggy, 401, Holley Truck Avenger 670(for now), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.5's, MM part time conversion
                      www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• 71wagone
                        230 Tornado
                        • Apr 22, 2010

Thanks Metal Twister! Currently the engine is ready to get dropped in, it might go back in this weekend, for meanwhiles here are a few pics....

This is when we were picking it up, had to put some rolling tires...Had to put it on some jack stands in order to put the rolling tires on. It fell off from one of the jack stands cus there was a strong earthquake and knocked it off haha. It was the one a week after from the Easter earthquake.
                        IMG_0009.JPG

This is how it sits now with a little wash and some tires haha...
                        IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

Here is the engine ready to go in...
                        IMG_0364.JPG

Comment

• Metal Twister
                          350 Buick
                          • Oct 20, 2008

Looking good! Our little San Diego band of 10 misfits has grown to the lucky number of 13 FSJ's. Thanks for checking in guys...

The invite is still on the table. Anyone in The Greater San Diego or neighboring community's that actually wheels their rigs join us for a variety of runs. Desert runs, Big Bear Runs, Local Crawling events, Expedition Runs, Adventure Runs, and many others. Great Group of folks so far with the exception of that one guy! NOT!

Comment

• jjubinsky
                            230 Tornado
                            • Jul 18, 2010

Hey all, guess you can count me in, from Temecula. I just bought a 67 wagoneer. Brought it home and got it runnin, thought I had scored a great deal. Then I promptly tore the motor mount off of the frame. Is this common? Rig has the 327 vigelante engine. Anyone know a welder in the area? Hope I dont have to pull the engine to fix this.

Comment

• Metal Twister
                              350 Buick
                              • Oct 20, 2008

Originally posted by jjubinsky
                              Hey all, guess you can count me in, from Temecula. I just bought a 67 wagoneer. Brought it home and got it runnin, thought I had scored a great deal. Then I promptly tore the motor mount off of the frame. Is this common? Rig has the 327 vigelante engine. Anyone know a welder in the area? Hope I dont have to pull the engine to fix this.
                              I sent ya a P.M. on that motor mount....

Comment

Working...
                              X