• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creep
    230 Tornado
    • Dec 23, 2018

My name is Creep

Howdy ALL

My name is "Creep". I chose that name because that is what we've called our 79 Cherokee Chief S over the years. We have also called it "The Heep".

Now, those are both terms of endearment, because there is much love for that old rust bucket in my family.

I've been a fan of FSJs a long time. We've had this 79 Cherokee Chief S in the family since 1981. My dad originally bought it for my mom to drive to work in the winter in a neighboring town, but that only lasted one winter.

I drove it to high school in the mid to late 80s, and it hasn't been registered to be on the road since 1992. It has been used as a plow truck though for many of those years, and as recently as 3 years ago.

My Dad and I have talked about restoring it for years, not sure it's in good enough shape or not. I'll post some pictures later and maybe I can get some pointers.

I've been wanting to buy another FSJ for years, and nearly did 6 or 7 years ago but couldn't afford a project at the time. I recently looked again and was very surprised at how the values have shot up. Kinda like the waterfront property in the family hometown...

So! Either looking to restore this, or find a restorable skeleton and use the Heep for parts. It's got all the good pieces still on it.

Thanks!

Creep
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Sounds good! Similar life story to mine (was owned by the same family since 81, last set of tags expired in 95, was used as a ranch truck).

Glad you are here! We love pictures and stories. Post up!
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
      360 AMC
      • Oct 02, 2002

Hey welcome. And yes we are looking forward to some new postings with new projects. Thanks Rangastang for getting a welcome to all the new posters.
      Melford1972 says...
      I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
      -----------------------
      I make wag parts
      1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
      1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
      1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
      1968 M715 restomod
      2001 Dodge 3500
      2002 Toyota Tundra
      2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
      Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp