X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wanab4x4
    232 I6
    • Sep 18, 2010

sounds good.. i have a 89 GW i call the swagoneer .. i have only seen a handful of fsjs in san diego and non are lifted .. .. i am happy to be apart of this and possibly wheel soon..
    i am from San diego and i am currently in shanghai china till oct 20 helping my friend and running the first and only high end off road jeep shop in china .. we import only american parts.. we are the sole disributor of KING shocks,teraflex,BDS,bushwacker,ARB,alloy,procomp,w eathertech, and all major brands in the USA. we mostly do Jk's and wj's since those are the most popular in china.

i would be happy to lend my knowledge and experiance in jeeps to all FSJ's in san diego . i have been a off road and muscle car fabricator and mechanic for 8 years. i also have my own in house valve grinding set =-up which my cousin does all the valve jobs and is the best in sd.

here is my 89 grand swagoneer i got for free from a friend that couldnt get it smogged.. lol lucky me im a good mechanic had to put a header on it since the old one blew a base ball size hole into it cause the heat rizer valve was welded shut..
    when i come back to sd i will be pulling the motor (nothing wrong with it now but i like mine built!) with pop up pistons and custom schneider cam of coarse and heads hogged out with bigger valves .also 6 inch lift with king shocks since i am certified from king shocks to rebuild and service them

here she is as she stands 89 with 150000 miles on it

and here is how i want her when i get back

thanks,
    "hello 911 yes this is an emergency!they put me on hold. Yes im still here , i want some of ur best men on this job. i would like to report a missing person. how tall? bout 7 feet tall 5 feet wide weights about 8000lbs smoke belching out the rear. Is it oprah? no its my FJS" lol

Comment

• wanab4x4
      232 I6
      • Sep 18, 2010

o yea heres a couple of pics of the shop in china and some work ive done here

off road evolution double throwdown kit. with 8 shocks king (of coarse)

and the rear canitlever set up from off road evolution .. cantilever if u dont know uses a horizontal mounted shock in this case 2 coil overs and 2 2.5 inch triple bypass king shocks and 4 resevours
      "hello 911 yes this is an emergency!they put me on hold. Yes im still here , i want some of ur best men on this job. i would like to report a missing person. how tall? bout 7 feet tall 5 feet wide weights about 8000lbs smoke belching out the rear. Is it oprah? no its my FJS" lol

Comment

• Chief Gunner
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 10, 2006

Wanab4X4,
        Looking good. I never knew the offroad community was so large in China. How are you going to lift your Jeep? I did the spring over axle and shackle flip on mine. Got me about 6-7" of lift and works well. What part of San DIego are you going to be in?
        The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
        Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
        WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• wanab4x4
          232 I6
          • Sep 18, 2010

i want to also do the same set up as u .. SOA in front and flip shackle. with king shocks i bet ill be the only wagoneer with king shocks lol im in northpark area . near balboa park/morley field..

and also the offroading community is just getting started here.. they have alot to learn and most of the owners are big wigs who just want the look and the "status" of a lifted jeep" a lifted jeep here is like haveing a lambo or ferrari in the states

got any pics of the yr set up ?chief?
          Last edited by wanab4x4; 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• moorehouse77
            258 I6
            • Oct 24, 2006

Welcome to the "elite" S.D. FSJ owners. I have quite a few buddys with FSJ's and ALL of them are lifted but one guy and he drives his harder than the rest of us. From what I see you'll be getting to know them soon. Hit me up when you get back into town. Maybe we can get together and wheel.

SOA is definatley the way to go, you're on the right track. One of my lifted buddys is Chief Gunner who posted earlier. I helped him a little with his SOA and man that thing work good in the dirt.

Hope to see ya in S.D. soon.

Dave.
            1977 Waggy, 401, Holley Truck Avenger 670(for now), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.5's, MM part time conversion
            www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• moorehouse77
              258 I6
              • Oct 24, 2006

Originally posted by wanab4x4
              got any pics of the yr set up ?chief?
              Here... i'm bored and I got some pics of Chief...

Before...

After...

Flexed...

Hangin a tire...

Sorry Chief like I said i'm bored!!!

Dave.
              1977 Waggy, 401, Holley Truck Avenger 670(for now), 4" Skyjacker lift, 35x12.5's, MM part time conversion
              www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                327 Rambler
                • Mar 10, 2006

No worries, I love the pics. I couldn't have gotten to this point with your help, so it is almost our FSJ at this point...... but I get to keep it LOL.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• wanab4x4
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 18, 2010

Originally posted by moorehouse77
                  Here... i'm bored and I got some pics of Chief...

Before...

After...

F
                  Dave.
                  nice so those are stock springS? in the front?

also that XJ looks familiar .. is it in NAXJA?

Comment

• wanab4x4
                    232 I6
                    • Sep 18, 2010

hey chief u want my wood trim..lol im gonna throw it away when i get home lol

Comment

• moorehouse77
                      258 I6
                      • Oct 24, 2006

Originally posted by wanab4x4
                      also that XJ looks familiar .. is it in NAXJA?
                      Pretty sure it was on NAXJA but it doesn't exist anymore. He beat the crap out of it and got tired of trying to glue it back together so he parted it out.

dave.
                      www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• moorehouse77
                        258 I6
                        • Oct 24, 2006

Those are stock springs front and rear. SOA front, shackle flip rear. Custom crossover steering. 33x12.50-15's.

Sorry Chief still bored just at home now.

Dave.
                        www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• wanab4x4
                          232 I6
                          • Sep 18, 2010

im lookin for rims i cant remember what size these rims are on my Fsj ? anyone know? i think there 15's but might be 16's i cant go check cause im in china lol but im settling on some procomp steel black but i dont wanna buy new tires cause the ones that are on these are brandnew 32/10.5

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                            327 Rambler
                            • Mar 10, 2006

Again Dave, no worries. If your that board, come hang out in Guam with me. Man I wish I had my Jeep out here. There is some killer offroading out here. Wanab, the stock wheel are 15"X7". I went with 15"X8". I think they are aluminum wheels, and I will slowly swap them out with some 15X8 steel wheels. Also, the XJ was on NAXJA, but is pieces now. The owner now has a Toyota.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• wanab4x4
                              232 I6
                              • Sep 18, 2010

cool awesome ...yea lookin forward to meeting u guys ... i was plannin on these rims cause there cheap and i dont like flashy rims on offroad since im a leadfoot i can just buy new one if i mess it up
                              i was thinkin 15x10 is there a problem runnin 15x10?on a fsj
                              Last edited by wanab4x4; 09-21-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• moorehouse77
                                258 I6
                                • Oct 24, 2006

15x8 with a 4" backspacing is what you looking for if your running stock narrow track axles and a 12.50" wide tire. 10" wide rims with a 12.50" tire is just a little bit wide. I've heard they will want to pop the beads while aired down offroad. My 12.50's sit real nice on 8" wide rims.

dave.
                                Last edited by moorehouse77; 09-21-2010, 12:29 PM.
                                www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                                X