• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

2012 Ouray FSJ Invasion - July 18-20, 2012

seen here: Jeepstress & Phoebe, Kenny Cole Trickle & Honcho & GlennTx in rental

Trail Gatherings: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – optional Saturday for those who can wheel that day.

The 50th Anniversary of the FSJ / End of the World Invasion plans are coming together for 2012. This will be year 13 above the timberline in the San Juan Mountains for Krista and Flint and we enjoy your company on the trails up there each and every every summer!

Plan to be checked in to the KOA by Tuesday evening (July 17) because we start hitting the trails Wednesday morning.

We have set aside some tent sites at the KOA again. A new Rule #2 (that is right - we only have 2 rules) I have sites 46 through 47 (47A-47F) in my name. Anyone who wants those sites has to arrange it with me. If you have to cancel, your agreement is to turn the site back over to me. If something happens to me before next July, you will deal with Krista (Jeepstress). Sites 42, 43, 44, 45, 48, 49, 50 are open to reserve any time with the KOA. They will be held open for FSJ Invasion attendees until at least the end of December 2011. If it looks like we will have a larger group, I will arrange more sites to be held. If you wish to reserve other sites that we are not arranging, that is wonderful as well.

Remember this:
    If you cancel less than 48 hours before your arrival date, you pay KOA for at least two nights. Your bill with KOA is your responsibility. Here is the KOA web site: OURAY KOA We recommend you reserve your KOA site by contacting Dave and Deb by email or call 1-800-KOA-8026 and ask for Dave. The office is open 8AM to 10PM until Labor Day. When you contact the KOA, tell them you are with the Full Size Jeep Group (not FSJ group).

Please post up here or PM me for questions or when you reserve a KOA site. THANKS! - Flint (fulsizjeep)

As always, bring your low range or park your big dawg at the Ouray KOA (rule #1).

* KOA MAP *

Heimeken 454 J10

UPDATE 8/03/11
    There have been some inquiries from people who have not attended a Ouray FSJ Invasion that I would like to share with everyone. I will update this section as more questions come in.

Q - I am not a real courageous wheeler and my spouse less so but she would like to go along. What is a "typical' start time each day? How long are most trips and how difficult are they?
    A - This FSJ gathering is very informal. We do not plan trails ahead of time but talk about what we want to do each night at the camp fire in site 47D. Next year may turn out to be a large group since we will be celebrating 50 years of FSJs. There is a chance that we will be planning some of the trails ahead of time if the group looks like it will be larger than we normally have, which is 20-25 Jeeps. We usually break into 2 or 3 groups with 20-25 Jeeps. We don't like to have more than 10 in any group. The first day out, we typically run easier trails so folks can check their Jeeps out at elevation and terrain. Some of the "bunny" trails we use on the first day are Minnie Gulch, Maggie Gulch and Sunnyside Mine. There are others but those are pretty nice ones. Also, Yankee Boy Basin is fairly easy and real popular with lots of flowers. We try to leave the KOA by 9AM but it usually ends up being more like 10 by the time everyone gets it together. The rides can be a few hours up to all day depending on which trails are being run.

Q - Can I bring my dog(s)?

A - If you are camping at the KOA, you will want to discuss dogs with them. Contact KOA directly and ask about what breeds they do not allow! This year I saw they had a sign saying "No Pit Bulls, No Dobies and No Rotties". We have two dogs that stay at the KOA with us and ride the trails in our Jeeps. We always welcome dogs out on the trails with other FSJers.

Other sources of Ouray information:
    CFSJA Official 2002 Invasion web site (very good Ouray info): THE 2002 OURAY FSJ INVASION
    Ouray Chamber Resort Association Jeeping Brochure
    Ouray Trail Conditions - More good trail info: Ouray Trails
    Last edited by fulsizjeep; 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM. Reason: update KOA website address
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • REDONE
    304 AMC
    • Aug 19, 2002

OOOhhh...you stickied it. I wondered why I couldn't find it here but could link to it from FB. Yeah, I'm that dumb.
    2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
    79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
    304/T18/D20/D44s
    What's been did:
    Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
    MSD Streetfire based TFI
    Custom-hack gauge cluster
    Razor swap
    Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
    2 knob tape deck!
    3" homebuilt lift
    Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

I am SOOO there.
      I should have the Super all glammed for this
      Ken's:
      1966 Super Wagoneer
      5.7L 2BBl. Th700R4. NP-208. Opens. 3.31s. 4core. 4Discs. PS,PB,AC,CC,Cassette.
      (Soon to be TBI)
      "If it aint leaking, it's empty!"

Comment

• macjeeper
        232 I6
        • Jun 13, 2001

Following suit....2002 was just yesterday right?

Old Yellow needs some TLC and Paint

Road trip, sleep, drive, sleep, and drive!

Mac
        1970 J-3600 Gladiator Townside
        Buick 350v8, D20, D44, D60, OBA, SOA
        "Mac" Maclay [email protected]
        Yahoo Mod: FSJ-List, CA_FSJA, M416

Comment

• REDONE
          304 AMC
          • Aug 19, 2002

Originally posted by macjeeper
          Following suit....2002 was just yesterday right?

Mac
          Your last was 02? Mine was 04. End of the World, I'll see you there!

EDIT>>Is that Cole Trickle in the pic? Is that his J-10?!?! Is he coming back for 2012?!?! Class act, that guy.
          Last edited by REDONE; 07-25-2011, 10:14 PM.
          304/T18/D20/D44s
          What's been did:
          MSD Streetfire based TFI
          Razor swap
          2 knob tape deck!
          3" homebuilt lift

Comment

• j10jim
            327 Rambler
            • Jan 11, 2003

Going to book this week. Probably stay in the cabin. Going to bring my 80 J10/20 and maybe bro-in-law 74 J20. See you guys there!
            1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• will e
              Always Broke
              • Nov 16, 2001

Put me down on site 56
              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• fsj1978
                just got here....
                • Mar 31, 1986

We made the 2002 Invasion, and I really want to make this one. We'll see what happens.

Chris
                '75 Cherokee "Hercules" (360 / Holley Commander 950 / Holley"Z"intake)
                .....(4L80E / NP-242 / Front & Rear D60 - 4.88 rear ARB / 37s)
                .....(York air / Ramsey RE8000 winch / CB / HAM / custom dash)
                .....(Forward tilt hood / widened flares / custom rear bumper with tire carrier & air hose storage)

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

Yes, it would be great to see folks come back that were here in 2002. Let's just take over the whole back half of the KOA.

Mikie, you are on the map buddy.
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                    Mikie, you are on the map buddy.
                    Sweet, and if the Jeep breaks down I won't have to parade it all the way to the back....
                    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• ne715
                      350 Buick
                      • Mar 16, 2006

Just got off the phone with Dave, we have site 50 reserved again for next year.

Pam

Comment

• REDONE
                        304 AMC
                        • Aug 19, 2002

I got site 44, from the 17th thru the 21st!
                        304/T18/D20/D44s
                        What's been did:
                        MSD Streetfire based TFI
                        Razor swap
                        2 knob tape deck!
                        3" homebuilt lift

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                          Señor Jackhead
                          • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by REDONE
                          EDIT>>Is that Cole Trickle in the pic? Is that his J-10?!?! Is he coming back for 2012?!?! Class act, that guy.
                          Yes, that is Kenny's Honcho with wood. He has not been up for about 3 years I think.

Pam - Matt - I will update map tonight. Welcome Back!
                          Flint
                          Ran when parked.

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                            304 AMC
                            • Aug 22, 2003

111 & 112 as usual
                            "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
                            Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
                            Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• rstep
                              304 AMC
                              • Oct 09, 2003

Okay right now Rstep has #43...
                              77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                              d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                              Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                              33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                              Tadrack
                              Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                              Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                              Hood vents

Comment

Working...
                              X