• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twmattox
    350 Buick
    • Feb 24, 2003

Originally posted by bigwalton
    Just a thought, but we have a Scrambler forum and folks have a lot of luck doing Scrambler-specific gatherings tied to another general Jeep/offroad event. The FSJ folks could stay/gather together, take part in whatever people want to do at the larger event and do their own thing for part of the time as well.

We did this very successfully at the Tidewater Fourwheelers annual event in Oak Ridge VA (not suggesting that location here, just giving the example) where we had a full trail ride each year (and more than one a couple years with bigger Scrambler turnouts). The Scrambler folks that didn't stay in the one hotel all camped together in the main camping area, gathered together each morning, and had a group dinner one night. Our trail group was always the biggest draw in the staging area in a sea of TJs/LJs/JKs. You know a crew of FSJs would be the same deal.

That way there's more of a draw for folks to come and it's less organizing that you have to do because there's already things planned, it would just be a matter of figuring out what the group wanted to do/not do/do together. Kind of cool to have a bunch of other folks drooling all over your rigs too

I don't have any ready suggestions for a suitable event, just passing on my personal experience with a way to do something similar.

Great...then I would have to pick which non-working vehicle to make up an excuse as to why I can't make it...
    '83 Scrambler (CJ-8) / 258 / T-5 / D-300 / DANA 30-AMC20 (3.31)
    '88 Grand Wagoneer (SJ) / 360 / TF727 / NP229 / DANA 44 (2.73)
    '05 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) / 4.0L / NSG 370 / NV231 / DANA 30-44 (3.73)
    '15 Wrangler Unlimited (JKU) / 3.6L / 42 RLE / NV 241 / DANA 30-44 (3.73)

Comment

• Retro93
      Junk Collector
      • Nov 02, 2001

So does that mean you won't be there because your rig isn't running?
      79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

You guys would fall over dead IF I showed up in a Jeep
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
        2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• 78J-10
          327 Rambler
          • Apr 15, 2008

Last week in Sept should work for me. DO we have a meet up location set? IE camping?
          78 J-10: 258 w/2100,D20,HD44,14 Bolt,36's (SOLD )
          79 J20: 360 T18 D20 33s 36k: current state:
          88 Waggy: 360/727/Quad All stock rusty roof 78k :
          Tow Rig: 2013 CCLB 4x4 w/ 6.7L Cummins

Comment

• addicted
            Big Meanie
            • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by 78J-10
            Last week in Sept should work for me. DO we have a meet up location set? IE camping?
            Looks like it will be Lieber State Park. South west of Indy. Poplar Grove section in the low 90's sites. http://indianastateparks.reserveamer...=CampgroundMap Showing up on Friday and leaving Sunday.
            Originally posted by Ristow
            i bet it was Simon....
            he's such big meanie that way...
            please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Retro93
              Junk Collector
              • Nov 02, 2001

I plan on getting there Thursday night. You drive that far you might as well get the most out of it.
              79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• pass45
                232 I6
                • Apr 20, 2008

I'm a little bit confused is this just going to be a meet n greet or are you guys still planning on off roading at the badlands
                gm 5.3 4l80blackboxnp205 dana 60 yukon zip locker 14 bolt 37/12.5/17 km2s or 39.5 irocks h1 beadlocks= one big money pit

Comment

• addicted
                  Big Meanie
                  • Dec 11, 2004

Shades State park it is, in the Raccoon Run loop that includes sites 49-79. Weekend of the 27th. I'm at site 77.
                  Last edited by addicted; 09-07-2013, 04:07 PM.
                  i bet it was Simon....

Comment

• Retro93
                    Junk Collector
                    • Nov 02, 2001

I've reserved site 76. I plan on arriving Thursday the 26th. The park is beginning to fill up, so I would strongly suggest that now is the time to book a spot.

Shades State Park is that peaceful place you've sought. Located about 17 miles southwest of Crawfordsville (off S.R. 47), it is a favorite for hikers and canoeists. The beautiful sandstone cliffs overlooking Sugar Creek and numerous shady ravines provide the backdrop for your journey through this nature lover's paradise.

This campground puts us roughly 35 miles from The Badlands. Not a perfect location, but the best we could come up with.

Comment

• pass45
                      232 I6
                      • Apr 20, 2008

I put in for the 26th off of work but I will be staying at the badlands
                      gm 5.3 4l80blackboxnp205 dana 60 yukon zip locker 14 bolt 37/12.5/17 km2s or 39.5 irocks h1 beadlocks= one big money pit

Comment

• Ristow
                        • Jan 20, 2006

i'll try to be there friday. probably in the cherokee.
                        Originally posted by Hankrod
                        Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                        ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Retro93
                          Junk Collector
                          • Nov 02, 2001

i'll try to be there friday. probably in the cherokee.
                          Probably?? Does that mean you have to dig the Cherokee out of a snowbank?

I just checked the sites available in the loop we are staying in. It looks like the park is filling up pretty quick. The only open sites within the loop where we are staying are 067-069.
                          Shades State Park is that peaceful place you've sought. Located about 17 miles southwest of Crawfordsville (off S.R. 47), it is a favorite for hikers and canoeists. The beautiful sandstone cliffs overlooking Sugar Creek and numerous shady ravines provide the backdrop for your journey through this nature lover's paradise.

Comment

• Ristow
                            • Jan 20, 2006

#78 is mine.
                            Originally posted by Hankrod
                            Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• addicted
                              Big Meanie
                              • Dec 11, 2004

#78 is mine.
                              i bet it was Simon....

Comment

• Retro93
                                Junk Collector
                                • Nov 02, 2001

There goes the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X