International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   MidWest FSJ Invasion (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   2014 fall meet.. thoughts... (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=170917)

HOOT 07-01-2014 03:02 AM

2014 fall meet.. thoughts...

How about it guys? Just thought I'd start a thread here to get the ball rolling. Been some chatter on the regional boards. So far it looks like we have some MO people on board for a meet. I'm all up for heading a little west and north.
Maybe something in IL. Maybe Springfield area say around labor day weekend.. There is some killer motorcycle racing that goes on there that weekend. Maybe I could ditch the pooch for the weekend.

There is also Cordova. Maybe catch some of are AMC buddies drag racing there. I have seen alot of their videos at the Riga Dust off Meet. Seeing them live would be a cool weekend meet. I don't know much details for that one but someone does I'm sure.

I'd also like to see that Forever Tron thing up in WI.

Or we could meet up here at the house and build my shed or better yet see if we could build a whole FSJ out of the stuff in my garage in a weekend. I'm not counting the 2 trucks I have here as parts either.:eek:

j2sax 07-04-2014 11:05 AM

SMORR.net for meet!

Yeah, I know, been said before, but I think we would have a good time at SMORR for a weekend. (smorr.net and on FaceBook)

> Great camping/shower facilites
> FSJ friendly trails
> ridiculous trails for the brave
> obstacles to watch others destroy their rigs on!
> 1/2 hour from original Bass Pro
> 45 min from Branson
> 20 Min from Springfield, MO
The best breakfast buffet ever is at Hemingways in the Bass Pro Shop... would be cool to take a couple of vehicles "into town"

That being said, I already have my room reserved for Cordova! Always a great time reuniting with friends and watching some old AMC iron hit the track... seen several Wagoneers on the 1/4 mile there as well!

Jjkage84 07-05-2014 08:48 AM

I'm definitely game for a fall meet N greet. The wagoneer will be running and licensed by then and would be a blast to take it camping.

Let me know on some weekend ideas.

HOOT 07-05-2014 01:12 PM

When is Cordova?

SMORR definitely sounds like a plan as well. I had already forgot about that.
Post a link here for there. Then all others can check it out easier.
I think we could get a big turn out there because of the location.

mrtazwrench 07-05-2014 05:19 PM

I was trying to get some closer to me people to the Mopar show this spring without much success, but I did take a 1st in the pre Mopar Jeep class since there was not much competition. I'm not sure I'd make IL or MO but maybe parts of IA or WI, I may make Ouray again in '15. This might be something to think about, 4 hour drive for me, and if Bill from Austin, MN is watching this thread he usually goes anyway it would be nice to have some FSJ's show.

http://www.iowajeepshow.com/

j2sax 07-05-2014 10:49 PM

Cordova is Sept 5-7... Rich and Del and I normally get there on Thursday with a bunch of other AMC faithfuls! It is a great time.

Jjkage84 07-17-2014 07:20 PM

What's Cordova?

j2sax 07-18-2014 10:49 AM

NAMDRA All AMC Drag Race... Lots if info on the web... You should join us!

Jjkage84 08-02-2014 10:14 PM

I'll have to look into it!

j2sax 08-05-2014 03:59 PM

What date range for SMORR(.net)

So since we are talking about a fall meet any date ranges... are we talking about October? Earliest I could do is late September... this is going to be great...

check out the website or look on you tube to see the facilities!

Scottb64 08-10-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOT
How about it guys? Just thought I'd start a thread here to get the ball rolling. Been some chatter on the regional boards. So far it looks like we have some MO people on board for a meet. I'm all up for heading a little west and north.
Maybe something in IL. Maybe Springfield area say around labor day weekend.. There is some killer motorcycle racing that goes on there that weekend. Maybe I could ditch the pooch for the weekend.

There is also Cordova. Maybe catch some of are AMC buddies drag racing there. I have seen alot of their videos at the Riga Dust off Meet. Seeing them live would be a cool weekend meet. I don't know much details for that one but someone does I'm sure.

I'd also like to see that Forever Tron thing up in WI.

Or we could meet up here at the house and build my shed or better yet see if we could build a whole FSJ out of the stuff in my garage in a weekend. I'm not counting the 2 trucks I have here as parts either.:eek:

I would be up for a ride in Illinois! I live in Effingham so I'm pretty centrally located. Springfield in a couple of hours away. I hate to get too far away from home with my GW as I am still working a few bugs out of it. I did see the post about SMORR and agree that it would be a great place for a ride. My son and I went on the Jeep Jamboree there this spring and it was awesome!

j2sax 08-11-2014 11:22 AM

Good weekends for SMORR

Well guys, here are a couple of options for a SMORR weekend!

Jesse I would suggest the first weekend or the third weekend of October. Both those weekends/events have great turn outs!! thanks for the recommendation!!

This from the owner of SMORR? What do you guy think? Let's start grinding out some details!

Who's up for October 4th

Who's up for October 18th

What other dates might be preferred?

There are a few other "event" weekends as well that are later, but I figured with the Holidays that might be difficult.

Scottb64 08-11-2014 08:19 PM

I would prefer October 4th weekend. I have an event for work close to the 18th so I am not sure I could make that one.

j2sax 08-11-2014 09:14 PM

2 votes for October 4th at SMORR! Hoot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottb64
I would prefer October 4th weekend. I have an event for work close to the 18th so I am not sure I could make that one.

Let's keep it rolling!

What do you think Hoot?

Scottb64 08-15-2014 07:01 PM

Not seeing too much interest to the SMORR weekend in October? I would love to go so I hope we can make this work. It is quite a drive for me mileage wise but it is easy highway miles so I plan to go the weekend of October 4th. Hope this works out! Starting to really get into the FSJ scene.

I have had four offers on my Waggy in the last two days! Beginning to think I have an awesome ride! Turned all of the offers down even though one was for three times what I bought it for....

HOOT 08-22-2014 09:46 PM

Looking bad for me to make it. I need to do alot of work still and I'm not going without a Jeep , unless it involves getting Jeep parts. I hope to have mine on the road by late Oct. That will be a push for that to happen.

My work is no longer a factor for having time off to go. After the lousy raise I got they don't deserve my effort any longer. Unless they change it play time will always supercede work time. I just need to get my Jeep going now.

j2sax 08-22-2014 10:03 PM

C'mon HOOT!

You went all the way to Ouray in Ford, you can swopp down here for a weekend! What kind of parts you need... maybe I could make it worth your while!

I am sticking with this! Calling on the FSJ Network as well, so we will see how things go then!

Jesse

Mars 08-23-2014 08:36 PM

October 4th? I'll see what I can do :)

And I'll see if i can't help get Hoot's jeep goin too

HOOT 08-25-2014 04:53 PM

I just dedicated my last weekend to the F350. Now I have a loaded trailer as of today that is all F350 stuff. That trailer needs unloaded onto my trailer this week and then find a home for it till I can get it all installed. So basically the F350 just ate up all my next month or so. I do intend to pull off some Jeep projects in between.

I need the 360 pulled out of the 81 and some clean up work done to it then it can go into the 80 Utility truck.
By then the headlight harness should be ready to go back in.
I am hopefully getting a new set of front springs for it in a couple of weeks. Then that truck should be good enough to go.
I have new interior for it but having trouble finding seat mounts. Mine are in there<< pointing to a mass of parts>> somewhere.

Not sure I want to break it in on a road trip that far. I was hoping to get a few hundred miles on it first.

Ouray is an addiction. I don't even need a Jeep there. Although it would be nice. Next year...

HOOT 08-25-2014 04:58 PM

And just for the record .. I'm all for you holding to the dates. Even if it means I can't make it. Steady dates is what is going to get a Midwest thing up and going.
That's why Ouray works. You can plan years in advance for it cause it will always be mid July. Maybe in the future they may change who knows but for now I can plan well in advance for it. Sometimes things happen and I have to cancel. That has cost me some reservation money before. But if not for the consist date I would make it even less than what I do. My J10 is itching to go above the tree line next year.